close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Security Assist - Allow for Admin to first approval users

Thread began 12/14/2010 12:46 pm by omar419219 | Last modified 12/14/2010 2:42 pm by omar419219 | 1521 views | 4 replies |

omar419219

Security Assist - Allow for Admin to first approval users

Here is the logical we need:

General user and create an account be registering
(a hidden field would first initial set a filed called "access" to "notapproved")

Upon successful registration, user would be present to a "thank you"page that says "we must review your application etc We will let you know via email when your user log in activate)

An admin can log into a administrative front end page, upgrade the users access to something else that allows for access to site (i.e. access=approved) and then the admin can manually send out an email from their email client to notify the user that they can start using their log in.

All of the stuff above is fine, I know how to do that. My real question is:

What would be the best way to let the admin know that I new user has been created and needs to go thru the manually approval process?

Ideally when we would like upon a sucessful registration as outlined above an email from be sent to the admin that says something that " a user called 'delta' has been created" That would let the admin know to log in and approve them.

Does this make sense?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, use universal email on the registration page to send out an email when a user registers to alert the admin that he needs to approve the user.

omar419219

sorry to be a pain...

Not use want you mean by "use universal" USe universal how/where exacty?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Universal Email is our extension for sending an email:
universal-email/

you can add the Universal Email extension to the registration page to send an e,ail to the admin when the user registers.

omar419219

You beat me do it ! After my last post I explored your site some more and figuredout what you were talking about. I was going to tell you not to bother to reply/remove my previous posting.

Thanks for the clarification though!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...