close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't Edit an Existing Form

Thread began 9/10/2010 7:20 pm by Jim376112 | Last modified 9/15/2010 6:44 am by Jason Byrnes | 2684 views | 13 replies |

Jim376112

Can't Edit an Existing Form

Hello,

I am using Dreamweaver CS4 and have just purchased CSS Form Builder. I can create a form but I can't come back and edit it. I am following the steps in your modifying_custom_form.pdf instructions file.

To create the form I use File | New and create a new .PHP file and Save it. Then I choose Insert | ... | Insert Form and select the following:

Contact (Simple)
Cool
Action Page = the same page

Then, per the instructions, in Server Behaviors I delete 1 "WA Server Validations" and 4 "Show if()" entries. Then I click in the Name field of the form | Insert | ... | Insert Form and the dialog box comes up. In the Preview area it flashes "Please Wait. Generating Form" but then the Preview area turns empty. Pushing the "Choose a Form" | Edit button also brings up an empty window. I've tried this several times with the same results.

Can someone tell me what's going wrong here?

Thank you!

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Jim,

To edit an already existing form, you should be able to select the blue "bounding" box that surrounds the entire form. It will contain the name of the form. When you select it, you should then be able to see the choice in the Dreamweaver properties inspector (usually at the bottom) where you can edit the entire form (both content and appearance), edit contents, or edit just the design.

Best regards,

Brian

Jim376112

Hi Brian,

Again, thanks for responding on the weekend!

Also, thanks for revealing how to edit an existing form - your approach works. I (foolishly) "read the manual" which apparently is very wrong. The instructions in modifying_custom_form.pdf say that after selecting the form you should again select Insert | WebAssist| CSS Form Builder | Insert Form which does *not* open up to edit the existing form!

Thanks again for answering so quickly.

Jim

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to clarify, the modifying_custom_form.pdf instructions is talking about a custom form, One that was initially created outside of Form Builder.

The help documentation describes the steps for reentering the Form Builder wizard:
index.htm

Go to Using CSS Form Builder -> Reentering the interface

Jim376112

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the additional clarification and thanks in particular for revealing that there is an extensive User Guide available at the link you provided (index.htm)!

How would I have found that User Guide? Upon purchase, I had originally gone to My Account | Your Account | CSS Form Builder and reviewed all available links. I just did that again and I am unable to locate a link to this (extensive) User Guide!

How would I have found this guide and, since I've purchased quite a few other extensions, how would I find similar User Guides for my other extensions. If they are as extensive as the one for CSS Form Builder they would be a "gold mine" of useful info!

Thanks again.

Jim

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the help docs for each extension are available through the Help Menu in Dreamweave. Go to Help -> WebAssist

The online versions are also available on the support page for each product.

For Form builder, go to:
css-form-builder/

the help doc is linked at the top in the sentence "CSS Form Builder includes a full online help system"

the same online help link is available on each products support page

to access all support resources, start here:
support/

Jim376112

Hi Jason,

Wow, you've just "opened up" a whole new universe for me by giving me those links!

For some reason, the relationship of the pages hasn't been clear until I took those links and pieced them together with the pages I've been looking at. Now I see how to get to the "Support and Training" page for any extension I've purchased, plus I now see the link to the User Guide on that page. "Now that I understand, I understand." (Boy, that's a common one!). Not sure why I hadn't put all this together before but I'm excited to see that there is a lot more documentation for all of my extensions available than I've been aware of.

Thanks again to you and to Brian.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Jim376112

Hi Jason,

Oops, one more issue. I just stepped through all of my extensions to locate the User Guide but for the following two there is no Guide (there is no link on the Support & Training page):

Power Gallery
Universal Email 4

Am I missing these at some other location or is there just no User Guide as with the others?

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the UE help documentation can be found here:
index.htm#home.htm

the link can be found on the right side of the support page under documentation:
Documentation
Recent Updates
Built-in Help
Archived Documentation

the Solution Packs do not have the same sort of help documentation, the getting started guide walks through the installation and configuration process, that should be all that needs to be done with them.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...