close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ecart 5 confirmation email missing tax, discount and shipping charges

Thread began 9/06/2010 10:54 pm by georgevargasa302189 | Last modified 9/08/2010 2:52 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3011 views | 12 replies |

georgevargasa302189

Ecart 5 confirmation email missing tax, discount and shipping charges

I saw another thread on this, but it is still not clear to me what to do.

The confirmation Email is missing tax, discount and shipping info. Without this info the customer will be confused because the total does not match the prices shown.

Since this works so automatically for the web pages shouldn't this apply to the email as well?

I have Universal Email 3.07 but I am not sure what to do to add this information to the email. I see many files in the Universal email folder and don't know which one to change.
I selected email for windows when checking out.

Also is the only way to do this with code editing, or is there a Design View way to do this?

Sign in to reply to this post

georgevargasa302189

I suspect the email is not going out at all. What I am seeing may be coming form authorize.net

Do I need to set up a page with universal email for one to go out?

ar_za405571

George
I had same problem and found the answer in this forum:

If you use a remote payment gateway you cannot send a receipt email because Authorize Net does that for you.

georgevargasa302189

Thank you.

The problem then is that the Authorize.net form is missing some data such as tax, discounts and shipping.

I know I can disable the email at Authorize.net, so I still need to get the confirmation email to work.

I now suspect it has to do with the email settings in Ecart, to make sure it goes out of the godaddy server I am using.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, the authorize.net email will not contain the shipping and tax information, you should be storing the the order information in a database when the order is processed and using this for you in house records, not the email.

sending emails through Godaddy can be difficult at best, they are faily sttrict with the smtp servers.

first, you will need to make sure your hosting account with them is on a linux server. Mail on the windows servers will not work with go daddy.

you will also need to make sure your php server is configured to run php 5. mail on a php 4 server will not work.

If you are on Linux hosting with PHP 5, make sure to set the SMTP server in universal Email to smtp.secureserver.net and use port 25.

make sure to set the From address to a valid address on your domain.

georgevargasa302189

Godaddy reciently added IIS 7 and they now claim that PHP now works and is supported. I already got this free upgrade which made my MySQL work fully.

Before I switch to a Linux server, can you tell me what PHP page I need to be on to add port 25 using Universal Email? It is grayed out unless I am on some page. Then it trys to apply the server behaior to that page apparently.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I did not mean to imply that php did not work on GoDaddy's Windows hosting, It is the php mail() function that will not work on GoDaddy's Windows hosting.

You need to change the port by editing the Universal Email behavior on the page you originally added it to.

What page did you originally add the Universal Email behavior to?

georgevargasa302189

It is when I ran the ecart wizard, so I was on the Shopping cart page. It this the correct page or is this a special case?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The checkout wizard would have applied the universal email behavior to the Confirm and pp_confirm .php pages, you would need to edit th universal email behavior on those pages by double clicking it in the server behaviors panel.

georgevargasa302189

Thank you very much, I changed over to a Linux host Godaddy and now my email confirmation is going out.

There are still a few minor issues on the confirmation page,
1. I noticed that the order number is blank
2. The thumbnail pictures don’t display even though I right click and download pictures in my email program.

Also does the email get sent when the summit button is pressed or does it only get sent by the success page?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...