close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Remove security question

Thread began 6/08/2009 12:46 pm by warrenphillips25336771 | Last modified 6/10/2009 9:52 am by meister281653 | 9087 views | 6 replies |

warrenphillips25336771Beta Tester

Remove security question

Hi

I got no reply on my last thread so I will start a new one as this is important, I need to remove the security question from lines ???? to ????. I am sure it would be much easier to just do documentation on these suites so we don't need to wait for answers to these questions.

Sign in to reply to this post

meister281653

I remember a PDF that says which lines to delete. but since the new DESIGN its gone.

If I found I will post it.

THIS IS THE NAME OF THE PDF. but I cant put it into the POST, sorry.

ContactFormSP_CopyingSecurity_HowTo.pdf

Maybe someone can send you via email.

warrenphillips25336771Beta Tester

Thanks meister

Thanks meister, I am very very dissapointed that no one from WA has even bothered to answer the question, Whats happening is the support being withdrawn?? I am still waiting to find out how to do this, I have tried many things now

Originally Said By: meister281653
  I remember a PDF that says which lines to delete. but since the new DESIGN its gone.

If I found I will post it.

THIS IS THE NAME OF THE PDF. but I cant put it into the POST, sorry.

ContactFormSP_CopyingSecurity_HowTo.pdf

Maybe someone can send you via email.  

Neil Beadle

Removing security features How To

We have just finished creating the How To for removing the Captcha and random question security features from the Contact Form Solution Pack.

You can access this How To from the Contact Form Solution Pack Support page at this link
contact-form/

meister281653

In my version, that I cant upload, cause its to big, there is also shown how to delete the HONEYPOT, just for the complete thing.

just delete:

<input name="seconddblock" id="seconddblock" type="text" style="display:none" value="" />

<input name="addblock" type="text" id="addblock" style="display:none" value="" />

and:

$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateRX(((isset($_POST["addblock"]))?$_POST["addblock"]:"") . "","/^$/i",false,10);

$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateRX(((isset($_POST["seconddblock"]))?$_POST["seconddblock"]:"") . "","/^$/i",false,11);

cheers
Denis

Neil Beadle

The honeypot and current page submit features are invisible security that helps prevent bots from submitting through your form. Since these elements do not display on your page or affect functionality this was not included in the How To. To avoid removing any necessary code, it is advised that you leave these two features on you form.

Denis, i believe you are referencing an outdated document that will not work with the current release of the contact form. You'll notice the most recent version uses Spry validation which would also need to be removed.

meister281653

Yes I saw that ;-)

But if you start from a white page, you just need to know what code to copy into to make it work. so if you dont know, what is needed to make the simple honeypot work its bad. so i showed that 4 lines ;-)

thats how i start, so i do not need to delete the spry thing. i just put the security in that i need.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...