close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Subscription program ?

Thread began 8/25/2010 11:12 pm by CraigR | Last modified 8/27/2010 5:29 am by Ray Borduin | 2715 views | 19 replies |

CraigRBeta Tester

Subscription program ?

Can I ask what is happening to the Subscription program ?

I noticed this thread showthread.php?t=15327 discussing its imminent demise.

I haven't heard anything about it, no email, no official announcement..

???

Sign in to reply to this post

John LangerBeta Tester

Hi Graig, below is the text of the email sent out. It's also repeated in the subscriptions area of your account. HTH

Valued WebAssist Customer,

One year ago, WebAssist launched a new membership program to help a wider audience of website developers find success at building better websites. Unfortunately, our mission of giving customers access to everything at low monthly or annual fee would only work in the long run if we obtained a certain level of adoption. That level has not been achieved and sadly, we must end the program moving forward.

As an annual subscriber, you have the option to let your subscription run its course; however, you will not be able to renew your membership once your term is up. You will be able to keep the latest versions of the software you owned prior to joining the membership as stated when you initially signed up.

We are offering a couple additional options to help you through your transition out of the program.

- Cancel my membership now and purchase Super Suite for $199.99 ($600 Instant Value).

- Cancel my membership now and receive a $199.99 store credit (non transferable) to spend at WebAssist.com.

- Do nothing - I do not want to take advantage of a special offer and would like to let my membership (software) expire at the end of my annual contract.

Choose Now >

maaocb5abZOZDaVeySUbaeQCCN/

You will not be able to take advantage of the additional options after Friday September 10, 2010.

Best,

The WebAssist Team!

--------------------------------------------------

Questions?

If you have any questions regarding WebAssist products, please contact us at sales@webassist.com, or call us directly:

US: +1 (800) 886-0130 x2
Outside US: +1 (858) 768-6600 x2

Written requests can be directed to:

WebAssist.com Corporation
8899 University Center Lane
Suite 330
San Diego, CA 92122  

CraigRBeta Tester

Thanks for the link John

can you tell me when you received this , so i can check my mail properly.

Regards

John LangerBeta Tester

Tue 24/08/2010 17:02

:)

John LangerBeta Tester

I actually noticed it in my Subscriptions area about 4 hours before getting the email. I was in there as, like most of us, I knew the sub ran out soon and was looking to see the date and more importantly, how much it was going to cost.

CraigRBeta Tester

Thanks John.

I certainly didn't get a mailing, but I now have the link.

I can't believe its been nearly a year - I'd better start touting for some more business !!! :)

Regards

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It is a bit concerning that you didn't receive the email. We regret having to cancel the program at all. We had hoped for a much greater adoption that would keep the program viable, but unfortunately it just didn't happen.

The details of the announcement are relatively simple. We will of course honor the contract we entered for the term of the subscription you have paid for if that is your choice. You just won't be able to renew the membership at that time.

In appreciation of the inconvenience this may cause to users, we have offered a few "buy out" options. Where you can cancel your membership immediately and take advantage of either a $199 store credit or purchase super suite for $199 (a $600 savings off the retail price).

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

CraigRBeta Tester

Thanks for the reply Ray.

One thing the subscription was great for, was not having to worry about paying for new versions and new extensions.

On a purely selfish note, I notice there a couple of things in beta at the moment.

I have a couple of weeks before I need to take up the Supersuite offer,

Can I be rude and ask, is it worth my waiting ?

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We won't be releasing anything before the Sept. 10 deadline. If you take the $199 store credit it should cover the purchase of the extensions in beta since you are a super suite owner you will automatically get 50% off on top of that so the $199 should go pretty far.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

John LangerBeta Tester

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  We won't be releasing anything before the Sept. 10 deadline. If you take the $199 store credit it should cover the purchase of the extensions in beta since you are a super suite owner you will automatically get 50% off on top of that so the $199 should go pretty far.  

That sounds very good :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...