close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore 3 Shipping

Thread began 8/07/2010 3:02 pm by rob294118 | Last modified 8/10/2010 5:25 pm by Eric Mittman | 3073 views | 10 replies |

rob294118

PowerStore 3 Shipping

No clue how to do this.

I have products with weights that I want shipped by UPS. How do I set it up so it just shows whatever UPS would charge for say a 4lb item?

If a person picks 2 products, the weight is of course doubled. How does this get calculated?

Sign in to reply to this post

rob294118

UPS Account

Also, if I set up a UPS account and get an access key, shipper number, etc... when I order a product from my site, does the shipping get generated from UPS? I'm not really sure what this is for.

Eric Mittman

The shipping quote functionality that is built into PowerStore makes use of the rates returned from your provider based on the weight, starting and destination locations, and service type selected.

The information is sent to to the provider, UPS, and they return with the quote. The shipping quote will be applied to your cart as the shipping cost. This is only for a shipping quote, it does not actually register any of the shipment details with UPS.

rob294118

Price of $0

What if an item is a custom item and has a price of $0. How do I hide the price if it is $0?

Thanks.

Eric Mittman

The shipping will only be shown when there is a shipping charge, so if there is no shipping then you will not see any listed. The shipping will be based on the weight so if an item does not have a weight it will not be configured in the shipping charge. If this does not answer your question please post back and include some more specific detail about the situation and how you would like shipping to be charged in that case.

rob294118

Price

'm talking about the item price.

Products_Results.php

How do I hide a $0 amount?

Eric Mittman

The code that controls the display of the price on the product results page is near lines 469-475:

php:
<?php 

if($row_MaxMinPrice["MinPrice"] > 0) {
        echo 
number_format($row_MaxMinPrice["MinPrice"],2);
    } else {
        echo 
number_format($row_WADAProducts["ProductPrice"],2);
    }
?>

You would need to add in an if statement here to check if this $row_WADAProducts["ProductPrice"] value was equal to 0, if so display your alternative message, else display the ProductPrice. This is a custom update that will require you to edit the php code.

rob294118

Can you help with this? I have no idea how to write it.

Basically, I just want to add:

if PRICE = 0

don't display anything.

Eric Mittman

Creating custom code to alter the Solution Packs is not something that we normally do but in this case it is a very simple update so I will give you an example:

php:
if($row_WADAProducts["ProductPrice"] != 0){

echo number_format($row_WADAProducts["ProductPrice"],2);
} else {
 // display nothing
}

You would put this code in place of this line of code:

php:
echo number_format($row_WADAProducts["ProductPrice"],2);

rob294118

Thanks a lot!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...