close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

pp_confirm only shows billing address

Thread began 7/15/2010 7:23 pm by davewosborn408554 | Last modified 7/21/2010 1:46 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1587 views | 5 replies |

davewosborn408554

pp_confirm only shows billing address

I'm surprised that pp_confirm only shows the Billing Address when I return from PayPal Express checkout. While at the PayPal Express site I specified a Shipping Address different from the Billing Address. I expected pp_confirm to show both. Did I do something wrong? BTW: confirm.php shows both addresses when I do a non-PayPal credit card transaction. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The address that you see on the pp_confirm page comes from the profile of the user making the transaction. The page is gathering the details from PayPal based on the PayPal profile used. Is the address that you see the one that you have specified as your address in your profile?

davewosborn408554

Yes, but only partially.

At this point I'm no longer certain. I believe it started as a conglomeration of Billing Name and Shipping address. I'm certain the Title Bar said "Billing Information" since that surprised me. Anyway, I've managed to get accurate Shipping Information displayed. I'm just surprised I cannot find a way to also display Billing Information. I'm also unable to display the PayPal Express "Comment to Merchant" I thought it would be the "Custom" field in the ECO stuff from server behavior "Process Transaction with PayPal Express Checkout". But that displays nothing.

My recollection is correct. pp_checkout_success has the same issue. The header says "Billing Information" but it displays the Billing Name and the Shipping Address. Street2 is missing. I can fix it but remain confused as to the cause and I expected it would display both the Billing and Shipping Information. Code below:

<div class="eC_InfoContainer">
<p class="eC_OrderInfo"><?php echo ((isset($_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_firstname"]))?$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_firstname"]:"") ?>&nbsp;<?php echo ((isset($_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_lastname"]))?$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_lastname"]:"") ?><br />
<?php echo ((isset($_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_street1"]))?$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_street1"]:"") ?><br />
<?php echo ((isset($_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_city"]))?$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_city"]:"") ?>,&nbsp;<?php echo ((isset($_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_state_province"]))?$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_state_province"]:"") ?>&nbsp;<?php echo ((isset($_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_postcode"]))?$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_postcode"]:"") ?><br />
<?php echo ((isset($_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country"]))?$_SESSION["eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country"]:"") ?></p>
</div>

Eric Mittman

This is one of the 'features' of Payments Pro. When the user decides to checkout with PayPal most of the user's information is not passed along. PayPal will only ever send back the shipping address, it should be the one that is on file. The API that allows eCart to retrieve the details of the order will only pass the information for the shipping and not the billing, PayPal keeps this information private and hidden from the seller.

As far as I know you should be able to get back a custom value so long as it is passed through the entire checkout. How are you sending the value and where are you trying to display it after the fact?

The details for the order including the address2 value is held in the db. So while you might not see it on the checkout success page it has been recorded and is available in your db if you have recorded it. You can also add the address2 to the display on the checkout success page.

davewosborn408554

Address understood. Thanks. Message to Merchant issue.

I bind and display the field ("Custom") I expect to contain the "Message to Merchant" field. Nothing is there. Is that the wrong field?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow what you mean by "I bind and display the field ("Custom")"

where are you getting this binding? and where are you showing it?

Can you provide some more details on the message to merchant? Where is this set?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...