close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Prior Version

Thread began 7/12/2010 1:30 pm by bill173836 | Last modified 8/27/2010 7:53 am by Jason Byrnes | 1279 views | 5 replies |

bill173836

Prior Version

I'm using Digital File Pro to upload some pdf files and noticed that on my server behaviors list beside the name of the upload item (prior version) what does this mean? I've got the latest version installed.

It also acts like its uploading but there is nothing uploaded.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Usually when you see the prior version in the server behavior it means that it was originally created with an earlier version of DFP and you have a more recent version installed.

If your upload is not working for you then you should add in the debug info binding to the page then test it out again to see what this debug info shows up with. It should indicate weather the upload was triggered, and what happened when trying to upload the file.

nickj

I just installed v.2.03 and I get the prior version message. How do I install the debug binding

Thanks

Nick

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the prior version message means that the upload behavior on the page was originaly created with an earlier version of DFP.

The debug binding can be found on the bindings panel.

go to the bindings panel and expand the Uploaded Files Global Status group to access the debug info.

nickj

I've attached the before and after files, the upload was put on today and is listed as a prior version. I'm using 2.03 on MAC 10.6.4 CS5
Aslo when I tried to set the default file name to the recordset it was not recorded on teh page as you can see.

When I selected fit to width I entered 1024 and could not erase the default 120 from the height. I had to do that manually in he code.

Thanks

Nick

Attached Files
Archive.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

did you have DFP 1 installed before?

Do you have Universal Email 4 installed?

Universal Email 4 includes the file upload of DFP.

If you have universal Email 4 installed, you should uninstall it, then uninstall DFP 2 then reinstall UE4.

to add file upload with UE4, go to Insert -> Web Assist -> File Manipulation.

The fit to width option will auto calculate the height based on the width, this is why you cannot set it.

if you wish to set both height and width manually, select the the fixed width and height option.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...