close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Net 30 Days

Thread began 7/11/2010 9:48 pm by dcb286193 | Last modified 7/14/2010 5:22 pm by Eric Mittman | 890 views | 3 replies |

dcb286193

Net 30 Days

I have the checkout form that comes with Power store. I would like to add a third option for payment, on account (Net 30) for those that have been granted credit. I have all the dreamweaver extensions, so I am able to modify the form. I just don’t know how to get started.

The issue I am running up against is how to stop the credit card validation when someone selects charge account. Right now I have a radio button that has three option, credit card, pay pal and charge account. But when the form is submitted it is asking for the credit card validation. How can I stop the validation or is their a better way of doing this?

Thank you for your help

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It can be tricky to customize a checkout in PowerStore but if you have the tools it is possible to do. There are probably a couple of ways that you can do this, you can remove the validations on the current form when the particular radio option is selected but this will require some custom coding.

Another way you could do this would be to have a different checkout form when the user chooses the credit option. You could have an new and different form present on the page that will not trigger the server side validations. Once you craft the form on the page in DW you can use client side validations from the CSS Form Builder to add a show/hide layer client validation response based on the selection of the radio button. This would then make it so you have the two different checkout forms and only one or the other would show at a time based on the selection.

dcb286193

I went into the client side validation form and did not see a show/hide layer. I also went into css forms builder and server side application and did not see anything that would take a radio and show/hide a layer based on a radio choice. Am I looking at this wrong or did I not understand what you were actually communicating.

Eric Mittman

You would do this with the client side behaviors, not server side. You would need to apply a validation like required to the radio option, then as a response to this you would use the show/hide lay client side validation response. These are configured from the behaviors tab of the tag panel, not the server behaviors tab of the application panel.

I'm including an example of a similar setup using checkboxes to hide and show part of a form.

Attached Files
show_hide_checkbox.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...