close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

verification emails

Thread began 7/01/2010 2:20 am by i.edwards384429 | Last modified 7/09/2010 10:53 am by Eric Mittman | 3637 views | 12 replies |

i.edwards384429

verification emails

Hi

thought I'd sent this already

Using the user registration pack I'veset up UK spec and five file uploads which all work.

However the userverification email seems to have stopped working since I set up file upload using UE4.

The files are attached and the mail_php.php does include the -f switch which my host requires.

Any ideas why it.s not working?

thanks

Ian

Attached Files
files.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

forgot to say that the users_emailPW.pp page works perfectly the reminder email is received in seconds.

Ian

Eric Mittman

That is good that you are not having any problems with the other email. The UE server behavior that you have on this page looks like it is configured properly to me. Are you getting to the users_ThankYou.php that is specified as the redirect? If so the code for the email should be getting executed. As a test you should try copying the Universal Email server behavior and include lines to a new blank page and then copy over the form from this page.

If the message will not send with just the UE and the form on the page then it would indicate a problem with the UE server behavior, otherwise it is probably a conflict between the other server behaviors that are on the page.

i.edwards384429

Update

Hi Eric

back from the UE forum.

I created a gmx account as you did and registered and it all goes through to the thankyou page no problem but no verification email is received.

If I register using a me.com then registration confirmation is received.

If I try using gmx.co.uk or edwards-micros.co.uk or o2.co.uk nothing is received although all database information isa written.

I've tried adding the co.uk to the email formatting file but that makes no difference.

I'm now at a loss as to what direction to go in as it appears the script works but only on .com

This all went wrong when I saw exclamation marks in the server behaviours telling me it was an old version of UE. Since then it hasn't worked

Any ideas?

thanks

Ian

thanks

Ian

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

used the css form maker and created a form, used ue4 fto finish of and then sent it to my server.

I can from this test form send emails to .co.uk

I then compared both webassist directories both check out as identical.

Seems to be some issue with the user registration pack but I cant see what.

Cheers

Ian

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

been playing over the weekend and think I'm just going mad.

register from a .com from any PC and the verification is received.

Send from a .co.uk and no email, so the script must be valid?

if you want to check my insanity try this

users_Registration.php

it's not on line yet

thanks

Ian

Eric Mittman

I did a test with a default setup of the URSP and found that I can register with my gmx.co.uk address without issue. In the link that you provided I cannot get the form to submit, it hands on the phone number. Do you have an example number that I can use to get past that?

There is nothing in the URSP or the new version of UE4 that will prevent emails from getting sent to co.uk addresses.

i.edwards384429

update

Hi eric

As the site is predominently aimed at Uk that is probably why it wont take US numbers - something I need to consider-

try using 02345678910 for phone number and bs227qu for the postcode.

I've just tried it again and .co.uk are just not delivered

really weird

thanks fopr the assist

Ian

Eric Mittman

I'm not able to pass the phone validation regardless of the values that I enter. Are you able to register with the form? If so what are the values you are using? In all of my testing there is nothing that is limiting .co.uk email addresses.

Do you have a default version of the Registration Pack setup? If so have you tested with this one? The code that we produce in the Solution Packs and with UE will not prevent emails from being sent to .co.uk addresses.

i.edwards384429

update

Hi Eric

When I used the basic user registration package the emails worked once Jason had helped add the -f switch.

the problem only started when I purchased UE4 and added upload fields. In the server behaviours was a red exclamation with the message "old version" .

On the forum Iwas advises to double click which I did and the exclamation mark dissapeared. I then used UE4 to setup the uploads.

Since then no validation emails have been received. On the forum I saw other with a similar issue so tried it with my .me.com account and validation was received.

At that point I decided to plead insanity ;-)

As to your filling the form in, in my tests I can see I've filled it in 82 times with a sucessfull submission to the database. However since adding the upload no .co.uk emails are received - cant say about any others I have not tried.

I've attached two screen dumps of what I fill in to test.

I've also registered from PC's other than mine in case mine was throwing a wobbly

really sorry to be a pain but I do not know whats left to try.

cheers

Ian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...