close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form submits only some of the content

Thread began 6/28/2010 4:59 pm by mick106153 | Last modified 7/06/2010 6:29 pm by Jimmy Wu | 1662 views | 5 replies |

mick106153

Form submits only some of the content

Using CSS Form Builder to build my form and following up with Universal Email to enable it, I have been able to get it to submit but none of the content goes with it just the header info.
None of the other fields i.e. Name, Company Name, Comments etc. are submitted.

I am very confused by the necessary process.
Creating the form in CSS Form Builder is a no-brainer. And following up with edits is easy too because the links to edit are obvious.
Finding Universal Email was a trick. Once I found it at "Insert/Create Email Message" that too seemed easy enough - at first.
How do I get it to -
…use the form I made with CSS Form Builder
…return an error when you fail to choose "telephone" or "email"
(unless it's not erroring out because it's not tied to the CSS Form Builder data?)
…on the page the form is contained in?

And is it possible to edit Universal Email once done? And how?

here's a link
contactus.php

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

The link you attached is linking to a page not on the server.

To validate that phone number and email are being entered, you would want to add the validation using CSS Form Builder, not using Universal Email.

Did you use one of the email templates or did you create one yourself?

You can edit the email behavior by going to the server behaviors panel and double clicking on the Universal Email behavior.

mick106153

Not there because there are actually seven addresses that point to the same directory - or did.
That in itself seemed to be a problem regarding the pages being indexed by Google.
So since I wrote last I've created separate directories for each web address and placed an htaccess file with a site redirect to animal-imaging-partners.com.
From the little I know and the much I've read, that seems to be the right thing to do. Changes will take a day or two I guess.
Your comments on the efficacy of this tactic please.

Regarding the original problem.
I now see that I was confused by the fact that my intention is for the contactus.php page to be used by visitors to the site seeking more information or a direct consult when the directions point primarily in the other direction.
I was also confused by the necessity to either "edit" or "create" a file in UEmail since I had already done so in CSS Form Builder, when all I want or need was to enable the form to be sent.
Now knowing this, I've successfully created a working response page but the return contains much unwanted text (I've attached a screenshot). I've removed the comments field since than and would like to remove the redundant "Contact me's" and the like.
Your help providing some basic tips for editing Block.php would be helpful if there is any reason to assume it is more complex than it appears.
Lastly. Is UE the best way to proceed from CSS Form Builder or would some other method be more appropriate.

Mick

Jimmy Wu

If you have implemented a mod_rewrite in your htaccess file, it shouldn't take a few days to take effect.

Not seeing a screen shot in your response. In any case, using Universal Email for handling the information after the form is submitted is fine. If you wanted to store the information in a database, you would want to handle the insertion with DataAssist.

mick106153

Not that smart RE: underlying server tech.
What I've done is place an .htaccess file in each directory containing the one following line:
Redirect 301 / www.animal-imaging-partners.com/ ( not, of course, in That directory)
I've also placed an error404.html pointing to the same location.
If that was the wrong thing to do or… whatever. Your comments would be appreciated.

Sorry the screen shot didn't make it but if you look at the video you provide describing Universal Email, the end product generated there looks very much like the results I got.
Each line entry preceded by "Contact me group"
I need to modify that and to style it. So some instruction there please.

I'll try again with the attachment

Mick

Jimmy Wu

Styling done on the Block.php is the same you would do on any other php page. You can style it using CSS. There is a region that goes through each value posted by the form and puts it into the email form. If you wanted to edit the value that is output before the colon, you would want to find this bit of code:
<?php echo(str_replace("_"," ",$pkey)); ?>

and modify it to show something different.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...