close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver CS4 and Site Sculptor crashing

Thread began 6/08/2010 5:45 pm by drifkin96719 | Last modified 6/11/2010 1:46 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2027 views | 5 replies |

drifkin96719

Dreamweaver CS4 and Site Sculptor crashing

I am very very disappointed with this product. I have spent the entire day watching my computer crash. I have reinstall this program. Uninstall all my extensions. delete cache files, and the macfile so many times....i don't know what to do anymore...

I have a one year old macbook pro, cs4.

I don't understand why this is so difficult...My next concern is when I buy CS5...will this work?

Please advise or give me my money back.
Thank you.

I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK...BY NOT HAVING THE PREVIEW SHOWING.....NOW ANOTHER ISSUE...STILL CRASHING MORE THAN AVERAGE
"A MESSAGE COMES UP WHEN I TRY TO GET MY TOP TOOL BOX....UNABLE TO FIND FILE WA_SITE TOOLS.HTM IN THE CCONFIGURATION/FLOATERS DIRECTORY. THE FLOATER WILL NOT BE SHOWN.

I WISH I KNEW THIS PROGRAM WAS GOING TO MESS UP MY COMPUTER PRIOR TO USING IT.....DREAMWEAVER CRASHES WHEN I TRY TO USE A PREVIEW..
HOW MUCH MEMORY IS NEEDED TO USE THIS PROGRAM...

Sign in to reply to this post

Neil Beadle

This is definitely an unusual issue and someone from the Tech Support team should be looking into this with you soon. No other users have had any issues like this with the extension, so it may be some other factor.

Have you reviewed the Common Installation Issues document to make sure you've done everything recommended there?
common_installation_issues.pdf

While you wait for a Support individual, you may want to try and rename the Dreamweaver Configuration folder that is mentioned in that document and then reinstall Site Sculptor and start Dreamweaver up again. This sometimes clears up what might be causing your issues.

drifkin96719

problems

i ended reinstalling dreamweaver cs4, with no extensions.... it still CRASHES if i used the preview.
It seems to work...but frankly....i have moved on to another part of this project.
I can't believe it's unusually...especially since the only extension i used is webassist.

Jimmy Wu

What are the permissions on the directories in the configuration folder? What version of Safari do you have installed and do you have any other browsers installed?

What Neil meant by it being an unusual issue is that we have not run into it with any other users and we have not been able to reproduce it ourselves. That's why we would like to look into it further and hopefully determine if there is an issue in the extension that is causing this.

drifkin96719

versions

i have safari 5.0/firefox, and internet explorer....what do you mean by permissions..please

Jimmy Wu

Well, I meant is permissions on the access of the folders, but it seems that the issue might be caused by the IE that you have installed. Are you running a windows operating system on your mac or are you running a Mac operating system?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...