close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

trying to get to the wizard.

Thread began 5/22/2010 3:03 pm by Alan Winthrop | Last modified 7/12/2010 11:33 am by Jimmy Wu | 2693 views | 9 replies |

Alan Winthrop

trying to get to the wizard.

Hello,

Using Dreamweaver CS3 to add Power Gallery to a functioning uploaded site.
I do not have a testing server, just local/remote site.
My host assures me I have the correct php and mySQL to run power gallery.

I have unzipped downwload and renamed folder, have placed this in root folder and uploaded it completly using CS3. Everything uploaded to my remote site.

When I go index.php

I get The requested URL /powergallery/install/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.triplantanol.com Port 80

When I explore in D CS3 file mysite\powergallery\index.php I get a Read only message and
a page opens with code <?php
header('Location: admin/index.php');
?>

When I try and view this pace in My browser IE8 I get request for a testing server, however I am hesitant to set up a testing server as I have had big problems trying to do this in the past.

My server uses C panel with MySQL databases...At present there are no databases associated with this website.

Please could you advise how I should proceed so that I can find the wizard and it do the appropriate checks for my website.

Sorry to be stuck at such a basic point.
Many thanks for your assiatance
With regards
Alan

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi Alan,

It can't find index.php because it hasn't been uploaded (along with some other folders/files):

These are the current the contents of your powergallery/install directory:

* 1.php
* 2.php
* 3.php
* 4.php
* css/
* global.php
* images/

It should also contain the following.

* samples
* scripts
* index.php
* 5.php
* 6.php

You must upload ALL the folders and files as directed.

If DreamWeaver is not doing it, you can find a free FTP program to do it.

You will also need to have a database plus details (localhost, DB_UserName, DB User_Password) ready for when you set up power Gallery.

Alan Winthrop

Hi Neilo,

Many thanks for identifying the problem with upload. I have managed to get the missing files onto my remote site using D CS3, by identifying them and specifically highlighting them for put. That worked great.

I was stuck at recognition of MySQL which gave an access error but I have solved that now with help of hosting company and setting up access host on this computer.

Hopefully I will now be able to progress.
Thank you for your assistance again.
Best regards
Alan

Alan Winthrop

background only appears

Hello again,

I have proceeded to upload some images into their 'First Gallery'.
Using single image upload.

However when I follow the link for the created gallery, if I was to simply add this to a webpage, all I get is the background only.

Here is what I obtain. My browser is IE8.

index.php?gallery=1&theme=dark

I must have done something wrong.

Should the images have been automatically uploaded to MySQL database when I processed them in PowerGallery?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Your advice is much appreiciated.
Best regards
Alan

Jimmy Wu

The images actually get uploaded to a directory on your server and information on the images are stored in the database. Are you able to properly view the images in the gallery when you are in the admin section of PowerGallery?

Alan Winthrop

Jimmy Wu,

Thank you for your reply.

When I log into Power Gallery as adminstrator, I can add images.
I can carry out tasks in Manage Images.

However I remain in 'currently editing' message top right of screen.

I can choose design and apply. Also find the url that applies in 'Add to Site'

This is indicated previously by the link.

However indeed, I cannot display the images in Power Gallery in functioning gallery format
(when in admin section of Power Gallery).

Hope this makes sense.

With best regards
Alan

neilo

Hi again Alan,

If you have upoaded images, and you log in to your admin area here, and select one of the two galleries you have, and then select the 'Manage Images' tab, - can you see all your images for the chosen gallery as a thumbnail grid?

When you click the 'Add to Site' menu item, what is the code that you see under 'Direct Link to Your Gallery' and 'Embed in PHP Page' sections?

Not sure where I'm going with this, but it may give us a clue. (Your images are in two folders - 1 and 2 - in your images/ folder).

You could try making a new gallery, and in the 'Add Images' section, under the 'Server Upload' tab, browse one of the above (two) 'images' folders, select it, and click 'Add to gallery' at the bottom, you will get aquite a few re-sized smaller images as well as the large ones, but it will help to establish if your gallery functions correctly. You can always delete the gallery later.

Then go to 'Add to site' and get the code to add to your page. At least this will ensure that the paths will be correct (images relative to admin pages).

[Also, to prevent people like me having access to your images directly, you can upload a blank 'index.html' to that (images) folder, or a redirect to your gallery page!

Alan Winthrop

Hello Neilo,

Thank you for getting back to me.
I have followed your instructions

When following link to admin area I can see all images in chosen gallery as thumbnail grid.

Add to site code is

index.php?gallery=3&theme=dark

<?php
$pg_id = '3';
$pg_theme = 'dark';
include('/home/*******/public_html/powergallery/galleries/ribbon_fullsize/index.php');
?>

I have inserted the **

I have made new gallery 3 by adding the image folder. This did result in 41 new images being added.

The code above relates to this...as gallery 3.

When I view the webpage link above in IE8 browser I do still get just the dark template for Power Gallery.

Hope this helps
With regards
Alan

Jimmy Wu

I have opened a backend ticket to look into this issue in more detail. To check your backend ticket, please log in to your account at www.webassist.com and check your support history.

Jimmy Wu

Turns out this was due to a bad install of the gallery. Re-installing the PowerGallery with fresh files from the server allowed the gallery to work correctly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...