close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UE 4 File Upload

Thread began 5/21/2010 7:44 pm by tom92909 | Last modified 6/08/2010 12:34 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2595 views | 22 replies |

tom92909Beta Tester

UE 4 File Upload

I have a single file upload using UE4.
See screenshot.

The issue that I'm experiencing is the UE4 file upload behavior is changing the file during the file upload process.

I sent a 300kb image and what gets stored is a 40kb image on the server.
I need to create a thumbnail off the master image to a 50x50 image, but I want the original upload file to remain as it was intended.

Any suggestions?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Can you send me your pages that were generated so I can test and verify that the image upload is being modified to be only 40kb? Is the thumbnail being uploaded correctly?

Also, attach the image you're uploading, so I can try testing on the specific image.

tom92909Beta Tester

See attached...

Jimmy Wu

I did some testing on uploading larger files and it does look like the disk size of the image is reduced, but the quality and size of the image seems to be the same in the case I tested. Can you send me the image you tested with before uploading and the results after uploading?

tom92909Beta Tester

See attached 300k image file.

The raw image upload is happening correctly (except it's shrinking the file size...)
By doing so, I assume that I'm losing resolution and quality.

The thumbnail is being generated as a resize off the raw image, that is working correctly.

Jimmy Wu

What I asked for was for the file before uploading and after it gets uploaded. You sent me only the file that you used for uploading. Please send me the image that is uploaded to your server as well.

tom92909Beta Tester

Sorry about that. See the uploaded results zip file.

tom92909Beta Tester

Just checking in late this afternoon for an update.

tom92909Beta Tester

Thursday afternoon, checking back in.

Jimmy Wu

It looks like the images you provided do have some differences. One workaround would be to apply two different uploads on the same file field. One that is just a regular file upload with the web images only unchecked and one that has it checked and resizes for the thumbnail. This will take some additional looking into to determine the cause.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...