close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can you put up a video that shows how to use it?

Thread began 5/27/2009 5:40 am by amyegc-a319132 | Last modified 5/28/2009 6:27 am by amyegc-a319132 | 2203 views | 3 replies |

amyegc-a319132

Can you put up a video that shows how to use it?

I would really like to have a simple CMS for clients to update websites. This looks interesting but I'd like to see how it works. I know there's a demo and an intro video but it would be easiest to see how to use it with a "how to" video especially for those of us who have not used CMSs. I've been investigating using Wordpress as a CMS but it would be nice to have a simple solution right now. I'm looking at some of the web based options mentioned in the forum also. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Justin Nemeth

check out the Feature Tour tab on this page:
powercms

mstruthers9080Beta Tester

Hello,

I think amyegc was requesting more than an 'advert movie' that skips over all the preliminary steps by saying (to paraphrase) 'once you've set it up, it's easy'.

I posted another thread earlier:

showthread.php?t=1240

amyegc-a319132

That's correct that I watched the video but it didn't provide enough information. I'm looking for something in between that and what mstruthers is looking for. I can probably deal with the installation but I'd like to see more about how it works from the end users perspective. I'll look at some of the documentation but that looks a bit skimpy too. I guess I may just need to wait and see how it goes as others use it.

I'm wondering also more specifically as I look at the demo, can certain features be disabled? For example, I want the client to be able to edit the content but I don't want the client to be able to change the font.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...