close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

forms question

Thread began 5/12/2010 11:16 am by jc1cell390254 | Last modified 5/13/2010 8:19 am by Jason Byrnes | 2032 views | 5 replies |

jc1cell390254

forms question

Ok. So I have created an order form which is accessed via a "floating" tab on the side of the site. The client is supposed to fill their specifics and submit. Once submitted, the form is sent to their email and the site owners email. I'm having two problems. The first has to do with using UE4 and their HTML email option and the second has to do with no labels appearing in the sent email (in either text or html in UE4). Not sure if it's a UE4 problem or in the way I coded my form. I would like to deal with the second on this post.

The problem lies in that the text boxes don't show up with any labels when an amount is set and that the check boxes don't come up with anything either when selected. I have included some images, the specific form code I think might be the problem and the index.php and UE4 WebAssist folder in case anyone wants to review it.

This is the code used for the input fields of the form

<tr>
<td><label for="DQqtySencillo, DQqtyDocena, DQqtyMedDocena">Queso - Queso ></label></td>
<td class="inputCell"><input name="DQqtySencillo" type="text" size="1" maxlength="2" /></td>
<td class="inputCell"><input name="DQqtyDocena" type="text" size="1" maxlength="2" /></td>
<td class="inputCell"><input id="DQqtyMedDocena" name="DQqtyMedDocena" type="checkbox" value="" /></td>
</tr>

Suggestions are more than welcome.

jc

Revision:

I have found that my code for the labels of the form were not correct. I had several id/name inside the for option of the label tag. While I have fixed that, I'm still having the issue of the labels for the text fields and check boxes missing.

Attached Files
index.zip
webassist.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

jc1cell390254

Spent the last couple of hours cleaning up the code for the entire site. While there are some css work I need to do for display purposes, the validation is clean now except for the items related to the embed tag.

I'm still getting the same problem. I haven't applied labels to all the input fields. However, I did so for the first column of text fields in the form as well as ll the input fields of the bottom section of the form. Still nothing.

So, now I'm thinking it might be a UE4 issue rather than a coding issue. I will upload the new index file for your review in case you need it.

jc

Attached Files
index.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Labels are not sent as part of the forms posted data.

Labels are only used by the browser when displaying the form to the user.

In Universal Email you need to add the label informtion before the form output manually.

In the code for the email message, you have:
$MailBody = $MailBody . "<p>";
$MailBody = $MailBody . ((isset($_POST["PPqtySencillo"]))?$_POST["PPqtySencillo"]:"");
$MailBody = $MailBody . "</p>\r\n";
$MailBody = $MailBody . ((isset($_POST["CAqtySencillo"]))?$_POST["CAqtySencillo"]:"");
$MailBody = $MailBody . ((isset($_POST["CCqtySencillo"]))?$_POST["CCqtySencillo"]:"");

If you want something to be displayed before the Form element value, it needs to manually added, for example change
$MailBody = $MailBody . ((isset($_POST["PPqtySencillo"]))?$_POST["PPqtySencillo"]:"");

to:
$MailBody = $MailBody . "<p>Pechuga de Pollo";

the problem you are experiencing with the checkboxes is because you have not given them a checked value.

you have:
<input id="PPqtyMedDocena" name="PPqtyMedDocena" type="checkbox" value="" checked="checked"/>

the value attribute is what will be posted if the checkbox is checked.

jc1cell390254

It's good to know that it's not a UE4 issue. The solution you gave me is actually the one I'm working on right now. I had it complete (by hand coding it into what's already there) but I think I made a mistake. I may just do it through the wizard.

I have another question regarding the check box. I don't want any selections checked except for the delivery section where one of them should be checked automatically. I tried leaving the "checked=" without a value and even removing the "checked=" completely from the input tag but received errors both ways. Any ideas how to code that?

Thanks again for your response. I had been playing around with it for hours trying to get it to work and had concluded it was one of three things: UE4, Coder Error or Simply not Available. I now see it's the latter two.

Cheers
jc

jc1cell390254

This is excellent Jason. Thanks for clearing things up for me. I'm not guru at coding having begun early in 2009 but I'm progressing....I think! So it's all working now as far as the check box values showing up. Thanks!

Here's a UE4 issue I was having that forced me to go with the text email rather than the HTML email. I originally copied the table into the UE4 wizard and placed the dynamic data in several of the fields but not all. When I tested it worked fine. The problem begins every time I go into the wizard to edit the HTML document. When I fill in the rest of the fields and test it, the email I receive only contains a 0. When I open the HTML file in the wizard and compare it to an empty one, I notice that the comments in the head and body tag are repeated which makes me think something else could be repeating causing this problem. As soon as I get a chance I will recreate the problem and upload it here so you can see what I'm talking about.

Thank for the solution on my previous problem.

Cheers
jc

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is an issue we are working on fixing.

In the mean time, if you select to use one of the email templates, and check the option to create a file for the email, template file will be created for the email massage. You can edit this template file directly in Dreamweaver to change the way the message displays.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...