close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Uploading Images - Admin Side (Please help)

Thread began 5/10/2010 10:23 am by ch1974us345597 | Last modified 6/01/2010 2:54 pm by Dani Chankhour | 2600 views | 9 replies |

ch1974us345597

Uploading Images - Admin Side (Please help)

I'm really having a tough time figuring out how to upload images to my site (from my admin panel I created). I've followed the instructions (file manipulation) but still no luck. I have a few questions.

1. My site has both thumbnail and full size images. How is the database set up for this? Right now I have a 'productImage' field and 'productThumb' field. Both fields are type 'varchar' Is this type correct?

2. In my site directory, I have 2 sep. folders set up for my images. My thumbnail folder is "images/images_thumb" and my full size image folder is "images/images_large"

3. My Product_Insert.php page has 2 file upload fields. One is for the full size image and the other is for the thumbnail image. Do I only need one for both types of images?

I've attached some screen shots of what I have so far. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
CH

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

your database set up is correct, and your folder structure and the insert page are set up correctly.

Can you please tell me where are you failing? are the images not being uploaded correctly or are you not able to view the image once it is uploaded?

ch1974us345597

Uploading Images

I would need both a full size image and thumbnail image upload behavior on the product insert page?? I thought with the newer version one field would be able to produce both style of images?

Right now, the image isn't coming up at all. It's just whitespace. The picture name isn't showing in mysql either. This is what i'm doing.

insert image
'data sources' choose productImages from binding panel and add images/images_large to the beginning of the php statement

What would I do after this, if anything?

Thanks for all your help.

Craig

Dani Chankhour

Correct, the new version of Universal Email should give you the ability to create the thumb image for you.

Have you followed the tutorial:

Applying File Upload to DataAssist Insert and Update pages (PDF)

on this page:

universal-email/

Also, you could send me your insert page, and i will take take a look at it to see why the images are not being uploaded.

ch1974us345597

Images

Ok...I'm able to upload images to my site, but its not correct.

On my product insert page, do I need to have a full-size image field AND a thumbnail field? When I insert a product I need to find images for both? Also since I have 2 separate fields, I will need an 'upload' and 'upload2' behavior then?

Right now when I upload an image, the full size image shows up where I need the thumbnail. Here's a link to a site i'm working on. Product_Insert.php

If you have a sec, could you look at it? It's definitely a work in progress.

Thanks,
Craig

Dani Chankhour

I have opened a support ticket to further assist you with this issue:

supporthistory.php

ch1974us345597

Uploading Thumbnails

I'm still having a problem uploading both the thumbnail images and full size images. I'm using data assist and universal email. Right now, my product insert page has both a full size image uploader and thumbnail uploader (see attached), I added the upload behavior (see attached). I made sure the source codes are correct according to the instructions, and in the end I only get the full size images to show. The product result page shows nothing. I've tried several different ways, and it seems like whatever size of image (thumb, full size) I upload, it shows up on the product detail page. It seems like it skips the result page. I'm running out of options here. Please help.

See attachments.

Thanks,
Craig

Dani Chankhour

Hi,

I have opened a support ticket to further assist you with this issue, and i have requested some information. did you receive an email from Support. If you did please reply back to that ticket so i can assist you with resolving this issue.

Jon CunninghamBeta Tester

I have the same issue

Have you resolved this? if so can you let me know how to do the same.

Many thanks

Jonathon

Dani Chankhour

Could you please send me your insert page in a zip file so i can take a look at it?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...