close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Changing PS3 gateway to FirstData

Thread began 4/29/2010 5:45 am by julie383376 | Last modified 5/06/2010 7:08 pm by Eric Mittman | 5051 views | 12 replies |

julie383376

Changing PS3 gateway to FirstData

I posted this on another post with the same topic, but I don't want it to get lost.

In going through the steps in ps_change_pmtgateway_ecart.pdf, there are some steps that are left out, so I'm not sure how to proceed. My first two attempts at this resulted in there being no "Payment Info" area on the checkout page to enter credit card information...

Question 1:

On page 3 of the PDF, step 8 says "Proceed through the wizard, completing the various options when necessary." There are 4 more steps in completing the wizard after pointing to the success and failure files (step 1).

Step 2 has a few values that need to be customized. The first being "configfile" where you enter the six- to ten-digit number assigned at merchant account setup.

After entering the number, do I click the lightening bolt to the right of the field? (I didn't) If so, what do I select in the pop-up window?

Question 2 (Still step 2):
The next value to change is "keyfile" where you reference the PEM for your store. The value it has there is <?php echo realpath("../linkpoint/test.pem") ?>

I am pretty sure I should change "test.pem" to the name of the PEM I received from FirstData, but I can't find a "linkpoint" folder anywhere on the site, so I created one in the site root and copied my PEM file to that folder.

Is this correct?

---------------

I didn't make any changes on step 3 and unchecked the option to use PayPal on step 4.

---------------

In trying to determine what's going wrong, I noticed that at the top of the code in confirm.php in the //WA eCart Includes, there is this line:

<?php
require_once("WA_eCart/Adv_CO_Scripts/LinkPointAPI_PHP.php");
?>

If I look at that file, lines 4-7 read:

$keyfile = "";
$host = "";
$port = "";
$outXml = "<order>";

Should there be any data between the quotes in keyfile, host & port? Or I guess what I"m asking is, should the wizard have put the info I entered in there?

Since the confirm.php in TXT form is so large, I have made five TXT with the confirm.php code in case you want to see it.

Thank you, in advance, for your patience & help!

~J

Attached Files
confirm1.txt
confirm2.txt
confirm3.txt
confirm4.txt
confirm5.txt
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I will try to answer these in the order that you posted them.

If you entered the value by hand there is no need to use the lightning bolt, this is available to you in case you get the value from a dynamic source.

You are correct, this value just needs to match where you have the pem file and the name of it.

You should not worry about the values at the top of the file, they are just declared here so this is fine.

It sounds like you are configuring things correctly, in your admin area did you the payment gateway option to 'none'? If you did this could be the reason you are seeing the checkout form the way that it is. You might want to try backing up all of the files that you have for your checkout and running the wizard again, this might help to get things working correctly. Post back and let us know what the result is for you.

julie383376

Thank you, Eric!

I'm feeling a little dense here, so let me make sure I understand...

On both the local and the live site, in Admin under settings, I do have Gateway set to None. But, as you know, my only options there are PayPal Payments Pro, Authorize Net, and PayPal Express. So there's nothing you want me to change there, right?

As for running the wizard again - which I have to do locally, then upload - do I need to remove the WA_eCart folder and replace confirm.php with a "clean" copy, then run the wizard again? Or is there a way to re-enter the wizard on the current confirm.php?

I'm so happy you replied... I can almost see the finish line here, and I'm itching to cross it! But I'm feeling way out of my league here ;)

~J

Eric Mittman

You are fine to have the checkout set to none since you are not using any of the existing checkout options.

You should not need to run the checkout wizard, just remove the local checkout code on the confirm page and add in the new local checkout server behavior. You will only be editing the confirm page in regards to adding support for the new gateway.

Please post back if you have any further questions.

julie383376

I'm sorry. I just don't understand!

It sounds like you are telling me to do the same thing I've done twice before? What am I doing differently here?

My customer is about to fire me... I had a different problem that took two weeks of back-and-forth contact (at least 24 hours between each side's response) before having to do a workaround rather than getting a solution. Now I've been stalled out on this since Thursday.

I'm obviously not smart enough to use PowerStore 3... Can I get some hand-holding here?

:(

~J

Eric Mittman

The idea for adding in a different gateway for PowerStore is to essentially remove the code from the confirm page for the built in gateways. Once you have done that you can use eCart to add the local checkout that you would like to have in place.

When you started this thread you mentioned some questions that you had about setting up the local checkout server behavior, do you still have questions about any part of setting up the server behavior?

Are you going through the checkout and getting to a failure page? Please post back and let us know exactly the current issue that you are experiencing so that we can help you to proceed and get beyond it.

julie383376

You did answer two of my initial questions with your first reply - as far as what was unclear to me from the PDF. One was whether I click the lightning bolt after entering the store ID number, and the other was whether my "linkpoint" folder was in the correct place (I used the suggested path and replaced the pem name with mine, and my linkpoint folder is at linkpoint.)

I asked these questions because at that time, I had gone through the steps twice (and have gone through it three more times since then), and have yet to have an area show up where I can enter the credit card information. Only the areas for billing and shipping information are there. If I fill it out and click checkout, then yes, I get the checkout_failure.php page.

So to back up, I added a product to the cart, then clicked "Checkout", and was taken to checkout.php (shot1.jpg) The first time I saw this page, I assumed the credit card info would be entered on the next page, so I clicked Checkout. Shot2.jpg is the result of doing that.

I'm wondering, though... the PDF has me editing confirm.php, but is there nothing to be done to checkout.php?

I'm going to stay up a few hours more (it's 1:17 in the morning here) in hopes that you will reply back soon... I really want to go with my son on his senior trip next week with this store up and running! ;)

~J

~J

Eric Mittman

Thanks for posting back with all of the details and the pics, it helps quite a bit. The checkout form you are seeing does not have the credit card info because the gateway is set to none in the backend. I thought this would be appropriate if you are adding your own gateway but it seems that you do not get access the the cc fields when you do that. In my testing I updated the gateway to Authorize.net and just did not set any of the other details.

This should update your checkout page to include the cc details. Please give this a try and let us know what the result is. When you applied the local checkout server behavior what did you select as the trigger? It should be same page post or button pressed in order to see the confirm page first. If you get to the failure page again you will need to add in the bindings for the local checkout on this page. To do that open up the confirm page and go to the bindings, expand the Linkpoint local checkout group and set drag and drop the full request and full response bindings onto the page. When you add them to the page select and cut them with Ctrl+v, then open the checkout failure page and apply them to this page. The next time you run through a transaction if it fails you will end up on the checkout failure page with some info about the transaction.

julie383376

Oh, yeah!!! I can enter credit card info now!

I think I may be almost there. I was a little unclear about the dragging/dropping of the Full Request and Full Response bindings. I wasn't sure whether to do that from code view or from design view.

I tried code view first, and it didn't work, so apparently the design view was the correct choice, because it gave me the detail info.

I used the 4111111111111111 test card number, and got the attached response (At the beginning, I've replaced the store number with X's). I don't know how to make it appear correctly in this post, so I'm attaching it as a text file. However, it ends with:

"SGS-020003: Invalid XML - invalid tag cardexpyear"

So this is what we would expect, right? If I used a real card, then maybe I'll get a success?

I've been waiting to buy the SSL, so if you think it looks like it will work now, I'll go ahead and do that tomorrow and try a real transaction.

THANK YOU!

~J

Attached Files
response.txt

julie383376

One other thing, and I hope this doesn't complicate things...

In the excitement of finally seeing the area to enter the credit card information, I didn't notice that there is a button to pay via PayPal at the top of the page. (see shot4.jpg)

Can this PayPal option co-exist with my FirstData gateway so that my customer has the choice of which method to use?

I had unchecked "Use PayPal Express" when setting up the eCart local checkout, so I was surprised to see it there. My customer does have a PayPal account, and I have the API and password info from PayPal, but before I proceed, I wanted to find out what I need to do.

My plan is to start back over with a clean confirm.php locally, run through the steps described in the PDF, but this time enter the PayPal Express information, the upload to the live site. So then, do I need to go into the Admin on the live site and select PayPal Express Only? (If you recall, we currently have AuthorizeNet selected without any other details entered.)

~J

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...