close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerCMS2 - Content pages not displaying under Content sidebar

Thread began 4/24/2010 11:54 am by kenstites342105 | Last modified 6/26/2010 11:17 am by neilo | 5747 views | 17 replies |

kenstites342105

After installing PowerCMS2 and opening the Home page, I get the following error shown under the Content header.

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /homepages/15/d187797821/htdocs/powercms/admin/pages.php on line 206

The code in line 206 is using the records pulled from pcms2_contents table and assiged to the variable $sitepages. It seems that MySQL does not like something in $sitepages.

I can add a new page content record when clicking on green plus sign for new content and the record is placed in the database. I just can't see it displayed on the home page.

And idea what the issue might be?

Thanks,

Ken

function toplevels($parentid = 0, $incr = 0) {
mysql_select_db($GLOBALS['database_PowerCMSConnection'], $GLOBALS['PowerCMSConnection']);
$sitepages = mysql_query("SELECT DISTINCT ContentGroup, Group_CONCAT(ContentID) as ID FROM pcms2_contents WHERE ParentID IN (".$parentid . ") Group By ContentGroup");

while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($sitepages)) {
$content = mysql_query("SELECT * from pcms2_contents WHERE ContentGroup = '" . $row['ContentGroup'] . "'");
$row_content = mysql_fetch_assoc($content);
$templates = mysql_query("SELECT * from pcms2_contents WHERE ContentGroup = '" . $row['ContentGroup'] . "' AND ContentID = ContentPageSetParentID");

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It definitely should not have this problem. I have looked at the code at it is just the query to determine the pages that are present. It works fine on my end. Normally this will only get message up if there is a problem with the query. When you add a new page in can you see it in the db?

Also what exactly do you see on the home page when you login? A screen shot might help. If you cannot get the page to show you should try clearing out the db and starting the install over again with a fresh copy of the downloaded files. There might be an issue relating the original install. If a new setup does not resolve the problem let us know and I will get a ticket opened for you on this issue.

kenstites342105

Hi Eric,

I had to edit the sql.db file to get the install to work with my database. That got me to thinking, so I checked the version of that MySQL database tonight and was version 4.0. I had set it up some time ago. I made a new database and this one is version 5.0. I reinstalled PowerCMS from scratch and I can now see the content pages. Apparently there was something in the query that version 4.0 did not like, but works just fine with version 5.0.

Thanks,

Ken

Eric Mittman

Awesome, good work resolving that. I will keep that in mind if anyone else reports an issue like this. Thanks.

ben400211

Nothing showing in Content list after adding a new page to CMS

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue with no content appearing in the side menu 'Content sidebar'. I was previously running PowerCMS successfully for a client, the install upgrade to PowerCMS 2 has gone smoothly until this point. Everything is working fine however, when the green button is clicked to add new content and the 'Add New Content Location' name is created, nothing appears in the Content list.

I have tried the code fix in the 'js/lighter/Fuel.php.js file, change line 64 - 65', as specified in post #7 in thread: showthread.php?t=12143
Unfortunately, it was unsuccessful.

On checking the Firefox Java Console, the following 3 Errors are consistently appearing:

Error: FormCheck is not defined
Source File: link removed
Line: 259

Error: missing ) after condition
Line: 1018, Column: 47
Source Code:
if(this.options.display.flashTips == 1 ||Â forced == ('forced') {

Error: missing ; before statement
Line: 2, Column: 3
Source Code:
link removed

Please could someone advice an alternative fix to the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Mittman

You should start by undoing any of the changes that you have made. Since you are now getting a syntax error on the page that you made the update to it seems that the problem that is fixed with that change is not the issue you are experiencing.

Have you checked on the version of MySQL you are working with? Upgrading from version 4 to 5 was what fixed the issue for the other user in this thread.

ben400211

Hi Eric, I have now setup a clean database and reinstalled a clean set of PowerCMS2 files (no updates).

The MySQL version being used is 5.0.51a (please see: link removed).

The problem is still there, you just can't add content with nothing appearing in the Content Sidebar or the Activity List. The 'Manage Uses' and 'Settings' are both working perfectly, with all changes made being passed directly into the database.

Not sure what to try next?

Thanks
Ben

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so that we can look into it further. To update the ticket login and visit your support history, here is a link:

supporthistory.php

roger276963Beta Tester

This is the same

Hi Guys

I have the same problem

Kinds

Eric Mittman

What is the version of MySQL that you are working with? You can execute this query to see the version number:

SELECT version();

If you have version 4 you should make sure to upgrade it to version 5, this is what resolved the issue for the other user. Please post back and include more details about what you are experiencing.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...