close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

'@@content-group@@', '@@content-ref@@', false@@order@@

Thread began 4/13/2010 10:03 pm by neilo | Last modified 8/16/2011 7:58 am by Jason Byrnes | 12258 views | 35 replies |

neilo

'@@content-group@@', '@@content-ref@@', false@@order@@

Hi Guys,

Have installed CMS2 to my testing site, using a template, and adding code to a page created from that template.

Installation went smoothly, except that once the page is added (it has eight editable areas to which the developers' notes need to be added) each of the developers' notes is the same:

<?php
include('/home/users/uks66584/html/yahoodie.co.uk/CMS/WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, '@@content-group@@', '@@content-ref@@', false@@order@@);
?>

This means that I can't view the page (error message: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '@' in /home/users/uks66584/html/yahoodie.co.uk/index.php on line 25).

Have closed the site, reopened it and gone back to the Admin section, selected the page and checked each area's developers' notes again. They are still the same.

How can they be made specific to the allocated areas, - should I be adding some code by hand?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Hmmm, that's an interesting one.

I am not able to reproduce this, the developer notes for my installation are generated correctly, for example:
<?php
include('/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/pcms2/WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, 'site page', 'footer', false);
?>

the developer notes code should be specific to the page already. Just out of curiosity, what are the names you are using for Content Area and Content Location?

neilo

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking a look at this. All of my areas are on the site index.php so all are 'Content Location: Home Page'. Here is the full list:

Content Location: Home Page
Content Area: Feature Panel Heading

Content Area: Feature Panel Text

Content Area: Footer

Content Area: Header

Content Area: Left Frame

Content Area: Main Content

Content Area: Right Frame

Content Area: Sidebar Content

While compiling this list, I have just noticed that while all the Content Area descriptors show correctly in admin/index.php under "Choose the content area you wish to edit below" and in admin/contents_update.php in the 'Currently editing' line, the Content Area title, 'Feature Panel Heading' is curtailed by three characters where it shows in the contents_update.php immediately to the left of the 'Cancel' Button. There it reads, 'Feature Panel Head'.

It is also the first in the list. Perhaps I have exceeded a limit?

Cheers

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the developer notes are dynamically generated using javascript.

In FireFox, go to Tools -> Error Console to see if a javascript error is occurring to throw things off.

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
login.php

neilo

Many thanks, -I have provided as much detail as I could think of.

chris.serendipity282254

Power CMS 2 error

I have exactly the same problem - upgraded a client site to CMS2 and now can't add anything!
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '@' is the error message & this is ewhat the code generated is:
<?php
include('REMOVED/powercms/WA_CMS/addtosite.php');
echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, '@@content-group@@', '@@content-ref@@', false@@order@@);
?>

This is a real time waster - how do I revert to the previous version of Power CMS?

I have a client getting really difficult now!

Quite a few errors in error console - e.g.
Error: missing ; before statement
Source File: Fuel.php.js?1271289550293
Line: 2, Column: 3
Source Code:
<b>Parse error</b>: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in <b>removed/karoo/powercms/js/lighter/Fuel.php.js</b> on line <b>64</b><br />

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the js/lighter/Fuel.php.js file, change line 64 - 65;

start: this.strictRegExp('<?php', '<?=', '<%', '<script language="php">'),
end: this.strictRegExp('?>', '%>', '</script>')

to:

start: this.strictRegExp('<'+'?php', '<'+'?=', '<'+'%', '<scr'+'ipt language="php">'),
end: this.strictRegExp('?'+'>', '%'+'>', '</scr'+'ipt>')

Your server is configured to process any page with .php in the name as a php page, most servers will only process pages that end in .php as php code

Ny France

Power CMS 2 "Syntax error"

Hello Jason,

I change the code in Fuel.php.js but nothing happens.

Ny France.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

after making this change, it will generate the developer notes with the correct syntax.

you will need to get the new developer notes and replace the previous developer notes.

Ny France

Power CMS 2 "Syntax error"

Hi Jason,

I am sorry but i don't understand what you mean "to get the new developper notes".
Can you to be more clear, thanks.

Ny France

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...