close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CAPTCHA field not showing

Thread began 4/13/2010 10:22 am by gjdunn405023 | Last modified 4/16/2010 12:30 pm by gjdunn405023 | 4131 views | 14 replies |

gjdunn405023

CAPTCHA field not showing

Mac server, Dreamweaver, Navicat

All other elements in the form are working fine except the Captcha field. I've searched the forum, but nothing seems to fix it.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

try browsing to the file that generates the captcha image:
WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_CaptchaSecurityImages.php

Post the results of browsing to that file, it should help us figure out what is going wrong.

gjdunn405023

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatetruecolor() in /Library/WebServer/Documents/worldmix/UserRegistration100/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_CaptchaSecurityImages.php on line 89

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this means that the GD Library has not been enabled in your php server:
gd_library_ht.pdf

gjdunn405023

That isn't much of a solution for mac.

The alternative to install MAMP simply installs another testing server; which I already have.

Apparently, what I need is the GD library installed into my php5.2; but nowhere is that option available.

Help!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there really isnt an easy solution for the mac.

the PHP server that is built into the MAC OS is not compiled with GD library support.

you would need to recompile the php server and include the string to compile it with GD support.

the MAC OS kernel is based on Linux, so the compiling php for mac is very similar to compiling it for linux. Here is a tutorial for compiling php fior linux:
install-gd13-for-php-with-apache-on-linux.htm

sorry, i could not find one for mac.

the Simplest solution is to not use the MAC OS PHP testing server, and use MAMP instead, the mamp PHP server has been compiled with GD library support.

in reality, the user registration solution pack is intended to be uploaded to your host webserver so that site visitors can register to your site.

gjdunn405023

Thanks for the response.

Perhaps I wasn't clear earlier. This IS my hosting computer. It's a mac Leopard server (10.5.8) running Apache 2.0 and php 5.2.12.

So the question remains how do I add the GD library to the host server? What version of php includes it? Or how do I add it?

So far, this doesn't seem like a mac-compatible software.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need to recompile the php server and include the string to compile it with GD support.

the MAC OS kernel is based on Linux, so the compiling php for mac is very similar to compiling it for linux. Here is a tutorial for compiling php fior linux:
instructi...e-on-linux.htm

gjdunn405023

The other solution is to disable the Captcha feature.

Can you describe how I should do that without endangering any other features?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see the "How to remove security features from your Contact Form" tutorial in the how to section of the Contact Form Solution pack support page:
contact-form/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...