close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Update sql error

Thread began 4/09/2010 11:49 am by fredalva299199 | Last modified 4/14/2010 2:41 pm by Eric Mittman | 1655 views | 5 replies |

fredalva299199

Update sql error

Hi, i am trying to use dataassist but i've got sql error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '@company.comundefined, `nom` = , `prenom` = , `cp` = , `city` = , `country` = , ' at line 1

i try to find problem but no success, i am using last datassist release and Cs4

You can find database table and update.php file in archive file, thanks to help me to solve my problem.

Fred

Attached Files
updatefile.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

On line 56 of your update page you have some of the column types values set like this:

php:
$WA_columnTypesStr = "undefined|undefined....

When you edit the update server behavior that is on the page go to the columns and the values for them and check on the data types that are listed here. Make sure that you set them appropriately for the type of data that is in those columns. This should fix up the error you are experiencing. Please post back and let us know if this does not clear up the issue, post back with the updated version of this page as well.

fredalva299199

Hi, problem still occure.
I don't understand if i choose all types as textfield problem must be solved no?
and i still have same error:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\wamp\www\site6\WA_DataAssist\WA_AppBuilder_PHP.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\wamp\www\site6\WA_DataAssist\WA_AppBuilder_PHP.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in C:\wamp\www\site6\WA_DataAssist\WA_AppBuilder_PHP.php on line 136

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in C:\wamp\www\site6\WA_DataAssist\WA_AppBuilder_PHP.php on line 136
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '@company.comundefined, `nom` = undefinedfredundefined, `prenom` = , `cp` = , `ci' at line 1

Attached Files
users_Update.zip

Eric Mittman

I have made an update to the page to see if it will let you get past this issue. When you are setting up your update on this page what steps are you taking when you are setting the data types for the info you are updating?

Please post back with as much detail as you can so that we know how to proceed. From what I can tell you still have many of the columns set as undefined for the types array. This can cause a problem because if the data is not declared as the proper type then it will not be quoted properly. This is the reason you are getting the current error regarding the email address. If it were contained in quotes you would not get this error.

The code that sets the quotes around the value is based on the column types string variable. If the values are not set correctly here then things will not work properly. Please post back and review the steps you are taking when setting the data types, some screen shots might help.

Attached Files
users_Update.zip

fredalva299199

Hi, problem still the same with your file.When i setup update file i choose all files as textfield exept user_id as text. There is no way like dreamweaver wizard to setup numeric fields.
(See attachment file)

to test if problem coming from my host,i created an update page using dreamweaver update wizard core and it's work fine(see profil_update.php).

Fred

Attached Files
profil_update.zip

Eric Mittman

I have opened a ticket for you on this issue so it can be looked into further. To update the ticket or check it's status login and visit your support history.

supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...