close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Form Builder Update Form Javascript Errors

Thread began 4/07/2010 2:53 pm by dlovas275157 | Last modified 8/23/2010 8:23 am by dlovas275157 | 6466 views | 10 replies |

dlovas275157

CSS Form Builder Update Form Javascript Errors

I keep getting the following Javascript Errors when trying to apply CSS Form Builder to my Update.php page.

It only occurs when I opt to change one of my text fields into a date picker inside CSS Form Builder.

Once the CSS Form Builder finishes the conversion, it prompts the following 2 javascript errors:

"While executing findDynamicSources in WA_Validated_Entries.htm, a JavaScript error occurred." (screenshot)

"While executing analyzeServerBehavior in ShowIfRSNotEmpty.htm, a JavaScript error occurred." (screenshot)

After my update.php page finishes the css form builder conversion, my code/sb panel looks like the attached screenshot (afterScreenshot.jpg).

I have also tried the following to correct the issue but does not work:
1. followed the instructions to delete the MacFileCache-22F0CF35.dat file
2. I have also tried to uninstalling/reinstalling the extension.
3. I have rebuilt my dw configuration folder, and reinstalled all extensions.
None of the above have fixed the issue. I still cannot finish building my update.php form. I have read all docs on modifying existing form with CSS Form Builder.

Why is this not working?

Thanks for any assistance. D

Attached Files
ws_inventory_UpdateAFTER.php.zip
ws_inventory_UpdateBEFORE.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Are you able to add a date field to your form in addition to all your form elements without the errors occurring?

dlovas275157

No. I basically am running my from through CSS Form Builder, and all form elements are effected by CSS Form Builder.

If I skip changing one of my textfields to a datepicker, I do not get errors. But if I change one of my textfields to a datepicker, I get the error. I need a datepicker, so this is an issue.

It happens on both of my macs (both running osx10.5.8, DW3, CSS FB latest).

CSS Form Builder is generating screwed up code. See attached JPG entitled temporaryfix.jpg. If I removed the code I highlighted, I can get the form to work. Removing the code basically removes validation on that datepicker field.

What can be done to have CSS Form Builder write code that isn't messed up when I need datepickers?

THank you again for your assistance. I appreciate it.

Jimmy Wu

What I meant by the question was if you are able to add an additional form element in addition to your current form elements that would be a date picker. So instead of modifying one of your form elements, adding a new one. Could you try that to see if the code gets added differently?

dlovas275157

Jimmy,

I have tested adding a additional "line > set > Datepicker" to my field group. When I try it this way, I get the following JS prompts when CSS FB generates the form. See attached JS Prompts.

Once CSS FB is done, the validation sb for the new datepicker has a "!". THen I have to remove that validation code which is screwed up the same way.

Same/similar situation as if I convert an existing form field to a datepicker within CSS FB.

Thanks again for any help. D.

dlovas275157

Additional screenshot

Jimmy Wu

For now, it looks like you'll have to just remove that server behavior manually to get the form working. I am able to reproduce this same issue. I have opened a backend ticket to take a look at this issue in more detail. To check the status of the ticket, log in to your account at www.webassist.com and check your support history.

info72555

Same issue for me

Would you please post the solution to this problem in this thread so others can get their Date Pickers to work as well?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

info72555

Possible solution to remedy DatePicker JavaScript errors

If I understand correctly, this is the same issue I had some time ago. DatePicker works as far as the popup calendar displaying and entering a date but as soon as this feature is used, a JavaScript error occurs and the form stops working.

I believe the DatePicker code created contains onblur="hideServerError..."
Change to onfocus="hideServerError..."

Hope this works!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...