close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Map does not display

Thread began 3/27/2010 8:36 am by tonygmg362159 | Last modified 3/30/2010 8:41 am by Jason Byrnes | 2372 views | 8 replies |

tonygmg362159

Map does not display

My map wont display on a blank webpage or one with css? Any help please?

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi Tony,

I had a bit of trouble getting driving instructions to show.

In the same way that Pro Maps is a bit fussy about how the default address is entered when you just want to display a map, it also has to be able to exactly recognise the address that is entered as a starting point in the driving directions.

If it doesn't recognise and identify that location precisely, there isn't even a grid or outline to show that driving instructions should appear.

Try experimenting a bit with the details of the address, post code, county etc.

No idea why it isn't working on a PowerStore page, though. What do you get? Is the page completely blank, do you get any error messages, or is there just a gap where you'd expect the map to be?

Can you see the expected code in the live page's source view?

tonygmg362159

Hi Neil,

All i get with the map inserted is a space where it is meant to be, and you can see the code in the live source mode. I just dont understand why it doesnt work, I have tried it on a blank page with just the map on it but still doesnt work.

What has confused me even more that the map i do have working isnt in the directory and its only using css background colour, and this works fine. Im so confused.

neilo

Hi Tony - yes that sounds weird.

When you say the working map isn't in the directory, which directory do you mean?

Do you have links to a working and non-working page?

When I make a map, I usually have it in one of the pages in my root directory, and I just upload that page and the 'google_javascript' folder, and as long as the address is recognised it seems to work ok.

i.edwards384429

browser

Hi

Different browsers do show the maps in different ways. I had a problem yesterday which was cured by turning off shadow.

As to driving directions from a UK point of view they are not much good to me as there seems to be no way to have directions from a Motorway exit. I have however compromised and found a road or postcode close to where I want to start the directions from.

As to non display of directions check that the directions map id is the same I have had it not be when I've been experimenting.

Wish I could find an easy way of locating a position on a map and then extracting the location coordinates

HTH

Ian

tonygmg362159

Hi Neil,

What has happened is in my directory I have Powerstore300/ and inside of this directory I have inserted Two pages with maps, one with no css and one as a Powerstorepage but i have removed the template ect and the all the google javascript is uploaded inside along with the cache folder.

On the other hand on the same server i have a directory which is maptest/ and here i have a very basic css layout with one page with the map installed. Now this page with the map works fine just not the one in the Powerstore300/ directory? If that makes any sense? If you want any more details i will send you the server details via an email. tonygmg@hotmail.co.uk

Ian what do you mean by the shawdowing?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you please post links to the problem pages so I can see the problem to investigate the cause.

tonygmg362159

Hi jason,

Can you set me up a support ticket as the website is not online and i will need to give you some passwords to see the pages.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sure, I have started a ticket for you. Please post back to the ticket including a link where I can see the issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...