close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Multiple options under each item in shopping cart

Thread began 3/23/2010 11:27 am by dave315749 | Last modified 4/13/2010 8:51 am by Ray Borduin | 3128 views | 16 replies |

dave315749

Multiple options under each item in shopping cart

I am going to be using ecart as a service based shopping cart for a training site. What it needs to have is :

Course name Location Date Price

Course #1 New Jersey 10-5-10
Student dave $1995
Student Bob

Course #2 Orlando 10-20-10
Student dave $1995
Student Bob

How would i go about adding these students or options to each product (or course) to the cart? I know it would probably be session based. But i would like to have courses be highlighted and then students appear under each course..

I would also like a popup where i can add a student to a course and it would refresh the page and show up under the course.

What would be the way you suggest to accomplish this ?

dave

Sign in to reply to this post

dave315749

what defines the order of the shopping cart?

As my earlier post describes i need a way to have a product, and then sub products under each product, though my parent product will not have a price as it is a place holder for the items under it. And i will have multiple parent items in the cart with multiple sub products under that one. How do i define the order of the cart so that when i add a new sub product it would still show in the correct parent product instead of at the bottom of the cart?

Does this make sense?

dave315749

Anyone can help here?

Anyone can help here?

Dani Chankhour

I'm not entirely sure i understand what you are trying to accomplish, but have a parent - child relations ship is something that eCart does not support and it will require some custom coding.

Do you have a url that i could see as an example of what you are trying to do?

dave315749

how about a screen shot?

Does this work? This is what im trying to accomplish...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

A shopping cart might not be the best solution.

Or maybe just use the shopping cart for the students and maintain the selected course in the session.

You may want to use DataAssist and maintain it all in the database instead.

The short answer is that we don't have a tutorial or product specifically designed for the scenario you describe, so you will probably be on your own for the most part in deciding how you want to do it.

Once you decide that and give it a try and get stuck you can post here for more specific feedback.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

dave315749

ok

Ok, yes i understand, is there a way we can group the items in the cart under the course (session) ? So they appear like on the example i uploaded?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would probably need to edit the php by hand to achieve it. There is always a way to do anything if you are familiar with the underlying technology, in this case PHP. Thre is not a feature or wizard in the ecart that would allow you to do that without hand coding.

dave315749

Great

Is there anyone you would recommend that could do this coding in the forums? Or that knows ecart?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could post to the jobs board on this forum, or just find anyone that knows how to code php and they should be able to figure out what you are talking about. It comes down to re-ordering arrays it sounds like so anyone who is comfortable with php should be able to do it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...