close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Wizard freezes Dreamweaver

Thread began 3/21/2010 3:41 pm by reecepaulcoleman119173 | Last modified 3/22/2010 4:27 pm by Ray Borduin | 2228 views | 6 replies |

reecepaulcoleman119173

Wizard freezes Dreamweaver

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to get a login set up on a clients' website, but the Security Assist Wizard just keeps freezing Dreamweaver & I'm wasting too much time trying to get it to work.

I've deleted the DAT file, which at least allowed the Wizard to run through all its steps, but on completing the final screen, it just hangs again.

I've uninstalled it & re-installed it as well, but reading the forum posts, it seems like many other users are having problems with the Wizard & far from making this an easy process, it seems that this feature is incredibly buggy & I just can't get it to work!

It looks like I'll be working all night now to get this job done, when your software is supposed to make it easier!!!

It's now refusing to work at all - any attempt to use it makes Dreamweaver freeze & I have to close it!!

Sign in to reply to this post

reecepaulcoleman119173

Yes chicagowebdesigner334937, you appear to have hijacked my thread in which I was asking for help!

Ray, I notice that you've responded to him/her, but not to my original enquiry!

The last time I ran the wizard, it got as far as creating 2 of the pages members_Registration.php & members_Profile.php & then everything froze again.

Can you explain why this is happening & what I can do about it? I have a deadline tomorrow to get this working and it looks like I might have to go and buy another extension, just to get the job done.

Many years ago I used to use the security extension from Interakt, which allowed you to create each page manually. Obviously this doesn't work any more, but can your security tool work this way, or do you have to use the wizard?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

reecepaulcoleman119173

Help!

Hello!!!

My deadline for the site I'm building is today & I still can't get Security Assist to work; so far, no help has been forthcoming on the forum (perhaps after my thread was hijacked!).

As a result, I have to find an alternative product to do the job that I'm paying part of my monthly subscription for - are Web Assist prepared to refund me for the cost of buying the alternative product form-registration-and-login, which is £38.99, because your extension won't work.

I look forward to hearing from someone!

reecepaulcoleman119173

Thanks

Thank you,

I've added my phone number to the ticket.

I've purchased the other extension, but that only half works - it registers a new member, but then doesn't allow a login - aaaaagh!!!

Never used to have these problems with the Interakt extension - it just worked!

My deadline has been and gone & I've spent all day on this, just repeating the same steps over and over.

It's just so frustrating :(

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sorry we were not able to diagnose the problem even over the phone. It sounds strangely similar to this one: showthread.php?t=11364

also posted today... I'm wondering if it is the DW installation? What version of Dreamweaver do you have installed? Was it installed from a disk or from the Adobe downloads?

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

reecepaulcoleman119173

Hi,

It's Adobe CS4, installed from a download.

I've sent you a further message concerning a file that is created by the wizard before it hangs: wa__template.dwt.htm

The problem does seem similar to the other thread, but searching on Google shows that lots of peoples DW seems to fall over with this background "File Activity" being responsible.

I don't really know what else to do - if it's a problem in DW, then no amount of fiddling is going to fix it :(

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm afraid that may be the case. I'd still try installing a local web server and mysql database since the crash seemed to coincide with that "File activity" window i would think that it could possibly make a difference.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...