close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Form no longer works after adding security

Thread began 3/15/2010 3:03 am by gwh362692 | Last modified 3/22/2010 2:30 pm by Jimmy Wu | 3521 views | 16 replies |

gwh362692

Form no longer works after adding security

Hi everyone,

I used CSSFormBuilder to create a form and then used universal email to get it working. Everything was going great, ie. I was receiving the contents of the form etc. but then I decided to put some security on the form using form builder. After I did that, I no longer receive the emails. I don't get any error and I can submit the form ok - I just don't receive anything.

I wondered if anyone knows what's happening here?

Appreciate any help.

Sign in to reply to this post

gwh362692

Sorry for the false alarm - it seems it's working now. I must have forgotten to upload something.

Just one further question though if that's ok: I noticed that if I type an apostrophe in the form, when I receive this in the email, I'm also receiving the backslashes that php is putting in. Is there a way to avoid this?

Jimmy Wu

Before sending the email, you would want to call strip slashes on the email:
function.stripcslashes.php

gwh362692

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  Before sending the email, you would want to call strip slashes on the email:
function.stripcslashes.php  

Hi,

I used stripslashes on the following line of code that generates the comment in the html email that's sent:

<td><?php echo (stripslashes(isset($_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]))?$_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]:"")?></td>

This didn't work though, ie. I'm still getting the slashes.

Do you know what I might be doing wrong?

Jimmy Wu

To check if the strip slashes is working correctly or not, change the echo to die, so that the value will be printed out and you can check the value. Also run through with the strip slashes not put in to see if there is a difference.

gwh362692

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  To check if the strip slashes is working correctly or not, change the echo to die, so that the value will be printed out and you can check the value. Also run through with the strip slashes not put in to see if there is a difference.  

Hi,

I changed the line so that it was as follows:

<td><?php die (stripslashes(isset($_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]))?$_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]:"")?></td>

But I got the following error and the form wouldn't submit at all:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/site/www/test/WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_contact_1.php on line 65

I also tried:

<td><?php die ((isset($_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]))?$_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]:"")?></td>

and still got the above error.

When I changed it back to the echo, it submitted but I'm still getting the backslash.

Also when I originally added the stripslashes, when I saved I got the following warning:

''This document contains JavaScript code for a widget that no longer exists. I fyou don't remove the code, the browser might display JavaScript errors when loading the page. Would you like Dreamweaver to find all instances of this code for you?

Widget: var Contact_us_group_nbsp_Spry = new
Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Contact_us_group_nbsp_Spry",
"none",{validateOn:["blur"});''

The above warning no longer appears now that I've taken the stripslashes out though.

Do you know what's happening or why it's not working?

Jimmy Wu

It looks like you left out some parenthesis and semicolons in this:
<td><?php echo (stripslashes(isset($_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]))?$_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]:"")?></td>

It should look like this:
<td><?php echo (stripslashes((isset($_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]))?$_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]:"");)?></td>

or with the die statement:
<td><?php die (stripslashes((isset($_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]))?$_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]:"");)?></td>

gwh362692

It looks like you left out some parenthesis and semicolons in this  

I can see where I left out the parenthesis but not the semi-colon?

Ok I changed the line so it's now:

<td><?php echo (stripslashes((isset($_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]))?$_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]:"")?></td>

But when I test I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/site/www/test/WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_contact_1.php on line 64

Line 64 is:

$MailBody = $MailBody . (stripslashes((isset($_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]))?$_POST["Contact_us_group_Comments"]:"");

Any other ideas appreciated.

gwh362692

It seems I needed another backslash at the end. All working now. Only problem is when I close the file down and open it up again, I'm getting the same warning as mentioned in a previous post, ie.

''This document contains JavaScript code for a widget that no longer exists. I fyou don't remove the code, the browser might display JavaScript errors when loading the page. Would you like Dreamweaver to find all instances of this code for you?

Widget: var Contact_us_group_nbsp_Spry = new
Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Contact_us_group_ nbsp_Spry",
"none",{validateOn:["blur"});''

Is this because I added the custom stripslashes code?

Jimmy Wu

I don't think it should be because of the added customization. Make a backup of your site and hit ok, to see what code is modified and then test it. If it doesn't cause any issues, then you should be safe to use those pages. Make sure all the fields are validated correctly and the email is sent. Otherwise, I'll look into it more carefully.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...