close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Power Store 3 CREATE VIEW privilege!?!

Thread began 3/02/2010 10:50 am by rick262661 | Last modified 3/02/2010 4:19 pm by Justin Nemeth | 2461 views | 8 replies |

rick262661

Power Store 3 CREATE VIEW privilege!?!

Where and how is this setup?

I've uploaded all files to my server.

Setup new database through cPanel, with user privilege set to all.

Start the Installation wizard, set one checks out ok ...but

Step at step 2, I enter database info, but after clicking go to next step I get this:

ERROR: Your MySQL user (pageguy_ps) needs the CREATE VIEW privilege. Please update the user permissions and try this step again. Contact your hosting provider if you need assistance.

Again, I set the user permissions to "All" in cPanel.

I'm on a standard Linux server with Surpass Hosting.

Rick

Sign in to reply to this post

Justin Nemeth

Have you tried the first item listed on the PowerStore FAQ? powerstore/
It gives you a little SQL code you can run on your server (using phpmyadmin for instance) to add the needed privilege.

rick262661

Looks like this will not work for me, how do I get a refund? The feature is disabled on my Resellers Shared hosting account, I'm unable to install the product.

Rick

msjj000Beta Tester

Hi Justin,

I've tried the command at that link and I am returned an access denied for user error (#1142). I've also tried this on two other hosting providers without success and I am being retutrned the same error or 1132.

Where to from here?

Thanks, Mark

anthony.tanner286315

Try Alternative Web hosting

It's frustrating when you purchase a product and you find that it isn't compatable with your hosting package. To save having a refund call at my Hosting company web site www.netmarketingdirect.net, sign up for a cheap hosting package (all packages are fully compatible with this product). Email me tony@netmarketingdirect.net remind me of this post and I will let you have an extra 3 months free hosting to assist you with this problem.

regards

Tony Tanner

rick262661

I'm completely happy with my Reseller hosting company, I have 30 websites with this host and they run all of my web applications just. I'm not switching my host because on one application that won't work.

Justin Nemeth

Rick, do you have an error message that is returned when you try and run that code? Have you tried contacting your host and ask them how you can enable the view privileges?

msjj000Beta Tester

Originally Said By: Justin Nemeth
  Rick, do you have an error message that is returned when you try and run that code? Have you tried contacting your host and ask them how you can enable the view privileges?  

Hi Justin,

I have having the same issue.
showthread.php?t=10597&page=2

I've tried the command at that link and I am returned an access denied for user error (#1142). I've also tried this on two other hosting providers without success and I am being retutrned the same error or 1132.

Where to from here?

Thanks, Mark
Edit/Delete Message

Justin Nemeth

Here's the MySQL documentation about the grant syntax: grant.html but that is basically what Jason was telling you to do. This is something you'll have to work with your host about. They should know how to enable this setting for you. If the command is denied, they have their system setup that way and need to fix your database user. I would just stick with your original thread so the issue is confined to one place.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...