close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Fatal Error Uploading Images

Thread began 2/22/2010 12:40 pm by Sailors | Last modified 2/24/2010 9:15 am by Sailors | 1769 views | 4 replies |

Sailors

Fatal Error Uploading Images

Hi,

I have 3 fields and applied the upload server behaviour on all three fields.

Issues:

1. When I tried to upload and resize 3 pictures of (3168x4224) 5.97mb each it doesn't upload, nothing happens. But the upload works when uploaded individually.

2. When I tried to upload 2 of the pictures I get this error message: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\siteroot\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 932". How do I increase the execution time, and prevent this kind of error message.

3. How do I get the upload status error messages to display in the browser. Something like "Uplaod Successful" for the user to know the upload status.

4. Is it possible to resize and resample the images so that they occupy the specified fixed width and height without the fill color. I read how to adjust the position of the image by setting the co-ordinates from this post showthread.php?t=8168. But my problem with this method is setting and testing the x,y co-ordinates to centre a particular image, what happens when the image is of a different size, smaller or bigger. So I'm wondering if there's a way to get the images automatically centred for different sizes.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

1-2) Add the following code at line 1 of you page to increase the server memory limit and execution time settings:

php:
<?php

ini_set
('memory_limit''256M');
ini_set('max_execution_time'120);
?>

3) See the "Customizing Digital File Pro Error Messages" tutorial in the How to section of the DFP support page:
digital-file-pro/

4) When the upload is set to Web Images only, the re size options include Fit to Height, fit to width or fit to box. These options do not use the fill color and will set the image to dimensions you specify.

Sailors

Thanks Jason. I'm grateful.

Sailors

Hi Jason,

Regarding your suggestion to increase the server memory and the execution time, it didn't solve the problem. I pasted the code on the upload page it didn't work. I edited the php.ini file and increased the server limit to 256M and the execution time to 120 yet it didn't upload.

Like I said earlier I have 3 file fields. It uploads and resizes all three fields when I have smaller image sizes but when I try 3 images of 5.97Mb (3168 x 4224) nothing happens.

Any suggestion?

Sailors

Ok sorry, I've sorted it. I had to increase the post_max_size.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...