close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

paypal

Thread began 2/21/2010 3:13 am by i.edwards384429 | Last modified 2/23/2010 11:43 am by Jason Byrnes | 3140 views | 10 replies |

i.edwards384429

paypal

Hi

Has anyone out there worked out how to itegrate the free paypal accounts?

90% of my clients use it as part of ebay and whilst PS3 is the usual great product this will for me be a serious issue.

thanks

Ian

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

I understand that a few people have been doing just that, but you will need eCart to help make the transition.

Do a search of the forums for 'paypal standard' and you should find what you need.

i.edwards384429

update

Hi

thanks I have ecart so I'll take a look

Ian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Power Store includes checkout using PayPal Express Checkout which is a free service. Use this instead of transitioning to Paypal standard. Using Express checkout, you can still maintain the inventory control functionality of PowerStore.

i.edwards384429

update

Thanks Jason

As usual you saved the day

cheers

Ian

balexander389215

Jason,

Perhaps you can correct me here but I thought paypal express was for those who are already registered with paypal. For people who are not registered with paypal and want to use their credit card would you not have to use paypal standard? Of course paypal pro does that but this thread was about avoiding the $30 a month fee which is a lot for a new startup or someone with a small store to supplement their business.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

With both PayPal express and PayPal Standard the customer must have a paypal account to be able to purchase.

You can configure your paypal account to draw funds from a verity of sources like your checking account or you can link it to your credit card.

this allows the customer flexibility in how they will pay for the order, in either case, though, they need to have a paypal account.

balexander389215

Sorry Jason but that's not quite true. I have previously set up paypal accounts with standard and when you click on the 'pay now' icon it takes you to paypal where you can logon or there is a notification saying:

"Don't have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue
Visa Mastercard American Express Discover"

You click on continue and this allows you to pay with a credit card without a paypal account. Not everybody has one and I don't want to force people to have to set up an account to buy the product.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When you fill in the credit card form on the paypal site, you are creating a new PayPal Account.

Yes, it allows you to pay by credit card, but not without creating a paypal account.

see the paypal documentation:
PP_WebsitePaymentsStandard_IntegrationGuide.pdf

on page 266 there is a screen shot, notice the heading for the form that allows the user to enter their credit card says "Create A PayPal Account". also notice this form is requiring you top enter and validate a password.

balexander389215

I accept that. My point or perhaps question was that with pp express doesn't the user first need an account since it searches for that. As you are still on your server site I don't think the option comes up for a user to create a user pp account but I don't know this for sure since I haven't used express before. I'm guessing that's what it's about though.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...