close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Why doesn't my new page show up?

Thread began 2/20/2010 1:54 pm by lucyland | Last modified 3/09/2010 3:50 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2422 views | 9 replies |

lucyland

Why doesn't my new page show up?

I've added a new page to my content dashboard today but I'm not sure which .php doc it will show up in which prevents me from changing my footer.

I wish there was documentation on how to substitute pages, have new content pages preview, or adapting the footer.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The content management section of power store does not create the PHP page for you, you need to manually create the PHP page, then add the code from the developer notes section of the Admin/contents_detail.php for the specific content where you wish it to display.

To edit the footer, go to the ps3/Admin/cms_index.php page, click on the main template section and click the edit link for the footer area.

lucyland

Thanks Jason,

I think I get it... Just to clarify, if I currently have a page, like retail.php, I should be able to substitute my php header and footer with the php code from the developer notes section?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, that is correct.

lucyland

Hi Jason,

Apparently I'm missing something here--any guesses? RetailAccounts.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this doesn't apear to be a full web page, only the code for the footer area.

you need to create a new php page that includes any site CSS files, on that page create a containing div for the footer. then add the developer notes to output the footer content inside that div.

lucyland

I figured it out by looking at another post, saving another page as "RetailAccounts.php" and editing the content under <!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="MainContent" -->.

Can you please recommend a YouTube video showing how to add a new page from scratch, and how to update the headers and footers accordingly, for those of us with less PHP savvy?

Also: how do I get the meta data to reflect the contents of this page? My browser window says "Product Details - Ho'ola Kai" whereas it should say "Retail Accounts - Ho'ola Kai" instead. And now I need to figure out how to edit the page in the CMS otherwise the CMS is pointless.

Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

edit the title tag:

<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="doctitle" -->
<title>Checkout - <?php echo($WAGLOBAL_Site_Name); ?></title>
<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->

to edit the CMS content, go to the Admin/contents_results.php page. This will show a listing of the different content areas, each one will have an edit button.

lucyland

Cool... the title tag updated perfectly, thanks. The content in the CMS did not and seems to show the .php file I uploaded instead of what's in the CMS.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
login.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...