close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore 3 set up

Thread began 2/15/2010 4:02 pm by lrawlins367093 | Last modified 3/22/2010 4:05 pm by design343795 | 4627 views | 15 replies |

lrawlins367093

PowerStore 3 set up

OK I give up!

When I run the Installation Wizard I make it all the way to step 2 and seem to hit a wall.

I have contacted my ISP to get the proper server name and log in information, but the Wizard refuses to make it on to the next step.

If the url from my ISP opens up to the MySQL page then I think this Wizard should also be able to connect, but no success at all, and no the control panel in DW Manage site can not connect with the information I was given either

Is there something even more basic that I simply am overlooking - like dumping my ISP and going somewhere else?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

Hi there,

Am feeling your pain!

Which part of the database setup screen do you think it was sticking at? There was:

Host Name
Database Name
Database User Name
Database User Password

Are you going through the set up after uploading the files to your remote server, or are you trying to set it up from your local site using a testing server?

How do you normally access your mysql database, - can you check your mysql database name and password from your hosting account control panel?

black194857

I have the same issue

I am having the same issue here. If I use IE8 i get an error http 500. with Chrome a blank page. If I view the source in chrome I see the code for page 2.php.

Mine does not seem to choke on any specific date entered, just does not respond. Is there a procedure for manual install?

John

lrawlins367093

I suppose the red tinted fields are the offending ones.

All I get that isn't red is database name.

I have tried every combination of host name, user and passwords that I can think of with out any success.

It would be helpful if there was a log somewhere that indicated exactly what response was incorrect and make it easier to debug.

Eric Mittman

Do you have these files uploaded to your host? If your database does not allow for remote connections then you will need to install PowerStore on the localhost for the database.

It might be best to get a local dev and mysql server setup to work with, then migrate to the site when done. Here are some links to resources for setting up your web server and defining the site in DW:

Setting up testing server for windows:
xampp_for_windows.php

Define a dynamic site in DW:
dynamic_site_definitions.php

@black194857
if you are getting a 500 error it means that there are problems with your local webserver. You should take a look at the guides linked to above to help you get a local web server and site setup.

black194857

here is where I am

Here is where I am at this point. I have everything on the remote server and I am trying to run the wizard on the server ( I am in with RDP), so nothing is remote as far as the database and such is concerned. I uploaded the whole package (with ftp in Dreamweaver) to the testing ip (I have several ips i keep just for test sites). Not a testing server per se, just a whole brand new website. PHP is working on the site as far as I can tell and the MYSQL admin says everthing is fine there too.

I am trying to run this on IIS to unify things as there are other IIS sites there that I cannot drop. Are there configuation issues with IIS here?

I would have to do a bunch of building to have a standard test server (as dreamweaver thinks of it) set up, and then it would normally be with IIS also.

If I have to install apache I will, but I would rather not. the IIS seems to be running PHP ok at this point.

Eric Mittman

Have you created a phpinfo page to verify the settings of the server? If not create a new php page that has just this line of code in it:

php:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Make sure to save this page to the sub directory you will be working with and visit the page to verify the results.

Once you do this you should be able to view the installation pages for PowerStore by trying to navigate to the admin area. You should not have any problems doing this with IIS. I have PowerStore 3 running locally on IIS myself.

black194857

well, I did the phpinfo page and it runs. attached in case I missed a red flag. from the admin page I get the same results as before.

Attached Files
216.82.71.11_test_phpinfo.php.zip

Eric Mittman

There is one major issue that I can see on your PHP info page. It looks like you do not have the MySQL extension enabled. You will need to ensure that your php installation has MySQL support enabled. If this is a manual install and you have the MySQL extension files in your ext folder, or whatever folder you have extensions for php in, you can just uncomment the line for this extension in the php.ini file.

In the php.ini file look for this line:

;extension=php_mysql.dll

Remove the ; in front of it.

If this is not a manual install or you do not have the extension files loaded this might not enable MySQL support for you. Once you do this you should restart your webserver, then visit your phpinfo page again. You should be able to find a MySQL section on the page that lists MySQL settings and values.

black194857

reset again

It was not a manual install of php. I was too new to php to try that. the ; was gone, I rebooted to make sure all was set up right. the new phpinfo is attached, I still don't see the section.

I tried to upload the php info file but it was too big. you can see it here:

phpinfo.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...