close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ERROR: cURLis not installed. - on Installation Wizard

Thread began 2/10/2010 1:32 pm by JLK | Last modified 3/11/2010 9:07 am by JLK | 3926 views | 10 replies |

JLK

ERROR: cURLis not installed. - on Installation Wizard

cURL is not installed. Contact your hosting provider to have cURL installed.

I'm trying to use PS300 (fir the 1st time) with my localhost/DWCS3, but I get above msg.

I searched the web and found a cURL download site, which I did download it (but I don't know if it's in the right location)

What do I do to get past this error?? I searched the forum and am surprised that this problem has not affected others.

PS: I have just signed up with a hosting company, but it seems like I should develop the site before uploading it to public view, that's why I'm trying to use the localhost, as I have done with other sites.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the php.ini file, you need to enable the cURL extesnion.

find the following:
;extension=php_curl.dll

and change it to:
extension=php_curl.dll

you will have to restart the server after making the change.

JLK

Thank for the speedy advice:
This is what I did:
removed the ; from in front of extension=php_curl.dll in the followiung docs that were in the bin folder of the WAMP folder:
- php.ini
- php.ini-development
- php.ini-production
And restarted the WAMP server twice (and DW once). I still have the same error.

Did I need to download the curl software? These are the file names of what I downloaded:
curl_7.19.7
curl_7.19.4-win64-ssl-sspi
IF I did need to download cURL, did I get the wrong curl selection? I have 'ran' both of the downloads.

any other suggestions
thanks

JLK

PS2 and 3 not working for me

I downloaded PS200 to see if I would still have the same problem with the cURL as PS300. When I downloaded the site exactly as I had done with PS300, using localhost testing server, I get these error msgs when I tried to see index.php in a browser:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in C:\wamp\www\PowerStore200\Connections\localhost.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is kn (trying to connect via tcp://Please type your database hostname:3306) in C:\wamp\www\PowerStore200\Connections\localhost.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in C:\wamp\www\PowerStore200\Connections\localhost.php on line 9

Fatal error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in C:\wamp\www\PowerStore200\Connections\localhost.php on line 9
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the code in localhost.php in the Connections file: (lie 9 is the second to last one)

<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_localhost = "Please type your database hostname";
$database_localhost = "please type your database name";
$username_localhost = "please type your username";
$password_localhost = "please type your password";
$localhost = mysql_pconnect($hostname_localhost, $username_localhost, $password_localhost) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

I don't know how to resolve this. However, I only want to resolve this if I can't get PS300 to work. BTW- the PS200 site exactly as downloaded with the PowerStore200 as the site name (as I am using this as a test site, as first)

Also - when you click the link to the PS2 start up guide, you get PS3.

Please advise how this can be resolved.

JLK

Update

Please note that I changed the localhost code from my last post to this below (with variations) and when I viewed the index page in the browswer, the header did appear, along with the error msg (below this localhost code).
<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_localhost = "localhost";
$database_localhost = "localhost";
$username_localhost = "root";
$password_localhost = "password";
$localhost = mysql_pconnect($hostname_localhost, $username_localhost, $password_localhost) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>
==============
Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\PowerStore200\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 16
==============
This is the code that starts at line 16 of the menu.php
$WA_ddsArray = split("/", $WA_thisFile);
$WA_dotDotSlash = "";
for ($n=0; $n<sizeof($WA_ddsArray)-1; $n++) {
$WA_dotDotSlash .= "../";
}

I haven't gone any farther because I don't know what to change.
I hope you can help

neilo

Check Jason's post here. Hopefully that will help.

neilo

With regard to your earlier post about cURL, if your php.ini has been been changed (by removing the ';') and the cURL error still shows, it is likely that the php_curl.dll file is missing from your \php\ext folder. Some Windows-installer (.msi) packages of PHP don't do a 'full' install with all the extensions.

You could try installing the latest version of PHP for your WAMP server from the WAMP add-ons page here

JLK

Thank you very much for the reply

Yeah! I thought I was at a dead end again. After doing what you suggested (and more) I clicked on the WAMPSERVER icon and turned on the curl extension in php. All is green now on the installation wizard!
Thanks again!! I would never have known that everything for php that was needed might not be included in the php download I had.

JLK

UPDATE - phpmyadmin

I hope someone might be able to answer this.

phpmyadmin is not working after I made the changes I needed to - to get curl extension, to get PS3 to work, which was:
- download php5.3.1
- remove the semicolon from in front of all of this code: extension=php_curl.dll (in various php.ini docs)
- checked the PHP curl extension in the WAMPSERVER 2.0

Does anyone have any idea why this would stop phpadmin from working. mysql is still working because I can work with it in Workbench.

I can't log into the server at the PS3 site (even though I;m entering the exact information that is contained in the doc in the connection folder)
And now I can't even work with my original site.

mamicreations400542

Originally Said By: JLK
  I hope someone might be able to answer this.

phpmyadmin is not working after I made the changes I needed to - to get curl extension, to get PS3 to work, which was:
- download php5.3.1
- remove the semicolon from in front of all of this code: extension=php_curl.dll (in various php.ini docs)
- checked the PHP curl extension in the WAMPSERVER 2.0

Does anyone have any idea why this would stop phpadmin from working. mysql is still working because I can work with it in Workbench.

I can't log into the server at the PS3 site (even though I;m entering the exact information that is contained in the doc in the connection folder)
And now I can't even work with my original site.  

On WAMPSERVER engine, usually running at the taskbar, left click>PHP>PHP Extension. Look at the topand you are going to see php_curl. Make sure it is checked. If not, click on it and restart WAMPSERVER and it will be installed and this is not going to stop phpadmin. That is how I fixed mine.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...