close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

ERROR: cURLis not installed. - on Installation Wizard

Thread began 2/10/2010 1:32 pm by JLK | Last modified 3/11/2010 9:07 am by JLK | 3922 views | 10 replies

JLK

PS2 and 3 not working for me

I downloaded PS200 to see if I would still have the same problem with the cURL as PS300. When I downloaded the site exactly as I had done with PS300, using localhost testing server, I get these error msgs when I tried to see index.php in a browser:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in C:\wamp\www\PowerStore200\Connections\localhost.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is kn (trying to connect via tcp://Please type your database hostname:3306) in C:\wamp\www\PowerStore200\Connections\localhost.php on line 9

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in C:\wamp\www\PowerStore200\Connections\localhost.php on line 9

Fatal error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in C:\wamp\www\PowerStore200\Connections\localhost.php on line 9
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the code in localhost.php in the Connections file: (lie 9 is the second to last one)

<?php
# FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
# Type="MYSQL"
# HTTP="true"
$hostname_localhost = "Please type your database hostname";
$database_localhost = "please type your database name";
$username_localhost = "please type your username";
$password_localhost = "please type your password";
$localhost = mysql_pconnect($hostname_localhost, $username_localhost, $password_localhost) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

I don't know how to resolve this. However, I only want to resolve this if I can't get PS300 to work. BTW- the PS200 site exactly as downloaded with the PowerStore200 as the site name (as I am using this as a test site, as first)

Also - when you click the link to the PS2 start up guide, you get PS3.

Please advise how this can be resolved.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...