close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

compare Powerstore2/Powerstore3 features?

Thread began 3/17/2010 9:24 am by rasputin307444 | Last modified 3/17/2010 5:36 pm by rasputin307444 | 12241 views | 5 replies

Neil Beadle

As this is not a forum for political discussions, i'm going to only address the questions you have posted regarding PowerStore. I also updated the title for you.

Where is the comparison between Powerstore2 and Powerstore3?  

Comparing the versions of any of our new products with their predecessor is easy. We list all new features at the top of the Features page for each product.
powerstore#features

Comparing Powerstore to eCart fails miserably...  

There is no comparison to be made between the two products. eCart is a Dreamweaver extension that adds shopping cart functionality to a store, PowerStore is a pre-built online store. Both of these products do their own thing, and solve someone's needs differently.

I looked again for a downloadable, example-and-stepwise filled, single manualized PDF of Powerstore documentation, and found nothing!  

All PowerStore documentation is found here: powerstore/.
If there is some documentation you are requiring that is not documented, you should ask your question here and get a response. Or, request that tutorial in the Wishlist forum here: forumdisplay.php?f=8

What exact bugs were fixed?  

We address bugs in two different ways, we release dot releases of products when a series of fixes have been included, and when that is not possible, we release Known issues fixes for those products. Although they sometimes slip through the cracks, we aim to not have any bugs in our products, and we do our best to fix these bugs in their current versions. If there were any bugs in PowerStore 2, they should have been accommodated for in PowerStore 2, and fixed in PowerStore 3. If you are currently using PowerStore 2 and experiencing a bug, you should make sure we know about it.

Apparently, getting me to sign up for free upgrades that cost me even more money is a learned "marketing" trick....  

Just to clarify, we do not have an offer available to any of our customers for signing up for free upgrades with our Solutions. Our Extension Library subscription program applies only to extensions.

Before I plop out another bloody sum of money I must know what changed besides the referencing to a number in a sales-and-marketing film?  

I totally agree, you should review all the marketing before making a purchase. After reviewing, you then get to choose if there are new features available that you would purchase. If you determine that isn't the case, then you may want to wait and see what is in store for the next release. We have no expectation that all PowerStore 2 customers would purchase PowerStore 3. We assume for many PowerStore 2 customers, that they bought PowerStore 2 because it solved their problem, and would only purchase PowerStore 3 if it was necessary to them.

With that said, we work very hard to accurately market our products and give you all the information you need to determine whether the purchase is worth it.
For PowerStore, in addition to the Upgrade Email you should have received, we also detail all the features on this page powerstore/ and also provide frequently asked questions, system requirements, feature tour, and most importantly, a live demo of the actual product powerstore-demo.com.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...