close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

uploading to a directory depending user login

Thread began 11/16/2013 12:33 pm by balexander389215 | Last modified 12/02/2013 6:47 am by balexander389215 | 2847 views | 20 replies

balexander389215

The reason for all the different upload behaviors is I kept trying different things to get it to work.

I tried it again from scratch. Created the session ID named username on the login page. Then I created a new form uploader.php went through the file upload wizard and added directory path and session variable as above. All the files still go into the main author directory. I even added a username directory into the author directory but no luck. Then I realized I missed the session start on line one of the uploader.php file, added it, uploaded to the site and retried. Still no luck. Should the author/author_files directory be an absolute path, ie., home/author/... or something like that.

I also uploaded the helperphp.php file, are there any other files that should have been uploaded?

Thanks

Nope, I just tried changing the path to the absolute path and still the same results, the uploaded files go directly into the author directory. Perhaps what I want is not possible?

Attached Files
uploader.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...