close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Inserting Products: Blank Page Issues

Thread began 8/23/2009 10:04 pm by bludonda0356993 | Last modified 8/29/2009 9:37 am by bludonda0356993 | 2637 views | 5 replies

bludonda0356993

Insert Product Blank Pages: more detail please

Thanks for the reply Jason.

Yes, I agree. I should not have change ANYTHING on that page to make it work in the first place. It's not my job. It's what I paid YOU guys to do when I ordered the product. I should just have to follow the easy-to-use How-To instructions, tweak the Globals file and life would be beautiful, right? I don't recall reading in the How-To's that I had ANYTHING to do in the localhost.php page nor folder permissions on the ISP end, or even what the heck making "sure the htdocs/ folder has a minimum of 766" means, in getting this product to work as advertised.

>>>>| UPDATE |<<<<

Found and removed suspect extra spaces and lines in localhost.php file.
Uploaded file to external server.

>>>>>>>| END |<<<<<<<

But chastising me for taking initiative doesn't explain why was I getting a blank page when I tried to define a category in the first place (yet making a change did). It would be much more helpful if you could offer some explanation as to where I went wrong in the first place.

Let's assume that I had followed EVERYTHING in the How-To instructions by the letter (and I tried very hard to and I'm pretty sure I did), what could possibly cause that sort of behavior and how would I fix it? Now THAT would be helpful.

I can replace the page's original code, since I only changed that one part of the attribute and run it again with the error code in page and see what happens. Would that be helpful?

>>>>>>>| UPDATE |<<<<<<<

Replaced original onclick code for Define button on Insert New Product form page.
Uploaded page to external server.
Tested page and define page now appears to work as intended.
Thanks.

>>>>>>>| END |<<<<<<<

Should I just go to 1&1 fix the directories permission issue? Would that fix the blank page issue so I can continue or only the image upload problem? You have the error information that gives you a directory structure on the ISP server. Is this directory structure correct? Should it look different had I done the process right to get the product to behave as specified? What would/SHOULD I change to make it correct? Is it supposed to be going through the localhost.php file on the ISP server? What do I tweak to make this work?

>>>>>>>| UPDATE |<<<<<<<<

Read instructions on changing permissions for directories on 1&1 and checked permissions for the folders I have access to which is the powerstore folder.
Permissions seem to be fine but changed the main store folder to 766 anyway, which gave me a 403 error after trying to insert a new product again.
Changed the permissions back to their default 755 and tried insert form again but received the "permission denied" errors from the error script on the page.
The images are already on the external server. Why do I need to upload them again? Am I trying to upload to the database?

My original questions above about the directory structure are still valid. Can you tell from that if I've got something configured wrong on my end?

Thanks.

>>>>>>>| END |<<<<<<<<

I'm really sorry to be such a pain, but really, I have been trying hard to get this to work as I hoped it would and as it was advertised and your last answers aren't getting me up to speed.

I'm done venting for now. I'll go tweak the localhost.php page (if I can find it) and try to reset the folders permission on the uploading folders.

I'll report back if I have any success or not.

Thanks.

>>>>>>>>| UPDATE |<<<<<<<

I noticed several other image upload issues in the forum here. I'll check those for answers while I'm waiting for a response to this post.

>>>>>>>>| END |<<<<<<<<

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...