well I spoke too soon...
created a new mailing and tried the send preview
sentthis.jpg is what i created
it sent the wrong layout altogether...no pictures would show...no dynamic data would show..straight from template only changed a few words
this is what i got for my preview
but when i saved it and sent a mailing this is what i got from a normal send
correct layout...but notice up top, it still isn't picking up tokens
i tried again to create a new mailing and saved it first before trying send preview but it sent me to the create audience page..so i couldnt send a preview
I have been messing with this thing all weekend with very poor results.
just found one more issue...the one that actually sent the correct layout but bad token...I just clicked on the "view in browser" link on that one and guess what....page not found error.
I will put up with little bugs here and there in the beginning stages of any new product...but this is getting ridiculous