Frankly I find the documentation lacking across the entire WA product range, but the more complex the product, the more frustrating the documentation is.
I (and I assume others) purchased these Extensions in order to save time and to become more productive. If I have to spend piles of time scouring the web and digging through help files that may or may not cover the parts of a product I am looking to use, then the benefit of the Extensions fades dramatically.
As an example, here are a few quick things that are not covered in the help file for HTML Editor:
1) First page of your wizzard click "Help" - What is covered by "Editor Preset(s)"? What functions can be found in there? If I don't know what is in there I am unlikely to go further and find the help that in need for those functions - one of which was the ability to link a style sheet to the HTML Editor instance.
2) Import styles list "Help" - There is no explanation here as to how one gets an existing css file to be linked to the HTML Editor which allows you to import styles, and even more strangely... this can not be done from this area!
3) The configuring styles list "Help" is very general, it doesn't explain what the different areas do in anything other than the most general sense. This is quite a complex area of the Extension (and frankly one that can make the Extension very useful) and it is barely touched on.
4) There is no indication in the GSG or anywhere in the help file as to how one would find the HTML Editor site settings which are buried within the WebAssist 'Forms' menu. Frankly I find WebAssist to have little elements scattered all over the Dreamweaver interface, and I find it frustrating to have to go digging through to figure out where to find each and every setting and option. For example - some of these types of settings are under the "Modify" menu item, some are under the "WebAssist" menu item, and yet others can be found under the "Preset Manager."
I hate to spend my time digging through menus to see if I can figure out where a setting can be changed, expecially when that info is NOT in the "Help" file or GSG.
5) I could go on, but I don't think that I need to. The documentation is lacking in detail and I know that I find this quite frustrating, I have to assume that others do as well.
I don't want to be completely negative, the products themselves have undergone major improvements over the past few years (I have been using them since the death of ADDT), it would be nice if the documentation and guides kept up with the rest of the improvements. What ever happened to the video guides, solution recipes, etc?