We'll do our best to clarify that section of the Getting Started Guide as soon as possible.
Here are a few pointers that may help out when using the Facebook Comments feature:
The Application ID needs to be obtained from Facebook before you can use this feature. This requires that you have a Facebook account, and are logged into Facebook with that account when you try to obtain the ID.
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Go to this page: setup/
3. Enter the name of your site. For example: My Cool Store
4. Enter the Site URL. For example: mycoolstore.com/
- Make sure you include the "/" at the end.
- You need to use a live site URL. One that is stored locally and cannot be accessed publicly will not work because Facebook needs to return information to your page.
5. Choose a Locale.
6. Click Create app.
7. Enter the words you see in the "Security Check"
The next page contains all the information for your Facebook App.
For the Facebook Comments, you only need to keep track of the App ID.
Hopefully this helps you guys out a little more. If you have more questions, let me know and i will see about answering those and updating the docs.