close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Show All Results Button

Thread began 11/01/2010 12:56 pm by eaefaw380137 | Last modified 11/01/2010 3:04 pm by eaefaw380137 | 900 views | 7 replies

eaefaw380137

Show All Results Button

Before you send me off to all of the other posts within the forum for this topic, I must let you know that I have researched (and tried unsuccessfully) to implement most of these solutions.

I believe that my problem results from the order in which I created my files. Below are the steps that I used.

1.Used Data Assist Wizard to create all files (except email_search.php and email_insert.php) for data that is stored in a MySQL database of emails that are entered into the contact form. The data collection works as expected.

2. I then decided to add search capabilities and used Data Assist Search Wizard. Everything is working as expected all the way from search, results, update, edit, delete functionality. Perfect!

MY PROBLEM: I cannot figure out how to just "Show All" records. The only time it works is when I first navigate to the email_results.php page prior to entering any search criteria. After that, navigating to email_results.php page (either via link or manually) returns the previous search results.

I tried the following Solutions:

1. I am sure it has something to do with the session variables on the email_results.php page and I saw on one post that this could be removed but then the pagination option would be lost. I do not want that.

2. I also saw the option for changing the default WHERE Clause to 0=0 in the Data Assist Search Behavior of the email_results.php page but that did not work.

3. There was also a solution for adding a link on the email_results.php page like this
<a href="email_Results.php?Search_x=0" target="_top">Show All</a> but that did not work. I presume it is because my trigger in the Data Assist Search Behavior looks like this
isset($_POST["WADbSearch2"])) && ($_POST["WADbSearch2"] I even tried replacing Search_x=0 to WADBSearch2=0 in the link above.

I am hoping to find a simple solution without having to recreate all of my pages as I have all of the other functionality of the pages working correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...