It sounds like you have connected to the schema that comes with the package when you need to connect to the database table. In PHP MyAdmin, you should see (at least) two tables - the schema and the actual working storage table.
Here is what I did to get my registration solution to work:
1. Download all files
2. Copy the .sql file to a storage folder
3. Open PHP MyAdmin
4. Create your database
5. Choose Import
6. Select the .sql file in the storage folder (or where ever you put the .sql file)
7. From Dreamweaver (or your coding solution) open the WA_Globals file.
8. Enter in the appropriate information.
9. Open the localhost.php file in the Connections folder
10. the part that I got wrong a few times is that I put in the wrong information for the $hostname_localhost and $username_localhost
If that does not help, then post specific information as to what program you are using, how your host is, name of your folder and how you are uploading the .sql file. I believe that the other problem may be that you are using the MySQL QUERY Browser.