I had deleted the install file previously.
I believe what had happened was I originally developed the site at a different URL and then moved it. I think the live site was still calling the database connection from the old site. Then when I updated the index page it uploaded the dependent files which I assume included the live site folder that I had locally thus making it get the data from the fresh install database (Which I thought I had correctly imported but now I know I hadn't) I went through every table and compared them to the dev site and found They had not all imported when I initially moved it. I have now made SURE they were imported and all is well.
Just wanted to update this thread in case someone else gets themselves into the same bind.
p.s. Thanks Jason for your quick replies!