close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I need HELP! PS3 had defaulted

Thread began 10/05/2010 3:45 pm by johnb | Last modified 10/05/2010 5:09 pm by Jason Byrnes | 730 views | 5 replies |

johnb

I need HELP! PS3 had defaulted

I have no idea what I have done. I ulpoaded a revised index.php file and the next thing I knew my whole site defaulted to the original database content. I can see the database info I have been working so hard on still seems to be in phpmyadmin.

If I log into /Admin it seems that all these settings have changed as well.

Can someone please help me before my client sees this mess?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it sounds like the connection file is pointing to a different database.


double check the connection file to make sure it is using the correct database.

Sign in to reply to this post

johnb

no its fine. Its the same. I have found that the table PS3_contents was overwritten with the default info, and some of the cells in wa_settings were changed too. I never touched the database. What would have caused these to change?

I replaced the PS3_contents file and that fixed some of it but I still see settings such as the email settings for the forms are defaulted. I am working on that now.

I am really concerned about this and need to know what happened.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the only thing that would default the settings is to run the power store install wizard.


to prevent this from happening, you can delete the install folder from the server after the install completes.

Sign in to reply to this post

johnb

I had deleted the install file previously.

I believe what had happened was I originally developed the site at a different URL and then moved it. I think the live site was still calling the database connection from the old site. Then when I updated the index page it uploaded the dependent files which I assume included the live site folder that I had locally thus making it get the data from the fresh install database (Which I thought I had correctly imported but now I know I hadn't) I went through every table and compared them to the dev site and found They had not all imported when I initially moved it. I have now made SURE they were imported and all is well.

Just wanted to update this thread in case someone else gets themselves into the same bind.

p.s. Thanks Jason for your quick replies!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, Glad to hear you have it working.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...