it is because of these OS differences that the lowercase naming convention is a best practice:
Thank you. :)
Can I ask you another question?
Now that I switched to the "two" database testing system. One local and one remote...
I'm having trouble with my connections. The way I see it I can either
1) Switch the connection string manually when I upload my site from the test server to the remote server.
2) Set up a script that checks my server name and switches the connection for me.
I settled on #2 but now I have issues with all the WebAssist tools. They don't seem to run the PhP script before loading and I get an error every time I try to use them unless the connection string is hard coded.
The following is the connection file / script I'm using with dreamweaver cs5. It works fine for the browser off ether the test server or the remote server but failes for WebAssist tools...
$hostname_localhost = "localhost";
$database_localhost = "dbname";
$username_localhost = "myuid";
$password_localhost = "mypwd";
if( stripos( $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'], "mysitename.com" ) !== false )
$hostname_localhost = "remotedbname.db.123456.host.com";
$database_localhost = "remotedbname";
$username_localhost = "remoteuid";
$password_localhost = "remotepwd";
$localhost = mysql_pconnect($hostname_localhost, $username_localhost, $password_localhost) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);