the problem is caused by the solution packs being in a sub folder of your Dreamweaver site.
To edit the solution pack files using the Dreamweaver Extensions, the solution pack files must be at the root of the Dreamweaver site.
Dont confuse this as meaning the root of the Website. I am only referring to the site as it is defined in Dreamweaver.
the way that I manage this is to create a sub folder on my testing server for the main site, and a separate sub folder for each solution pack. I use mamp for my teting server, so the root of my site:
under the htdocs folder, I create a create a folder for the main site:
in the site definition, for the Testing server i use the address:
for the Remote Site settings, I set the ftp information and set the upload folder to the /htdocs which is my remote website root.
I then create a seperate folder for power store:
I create a separate Dreamweaver site and point it to the power store folder.
for the testing server URL, i use:
for the Remote Site settings, I set the ftp information and set the upload folder to the /htdocs/PowerStore
this puts the power store files into the main site under the PowerStore
Basicly, the concept is to separate the main site and the solution packs into differant Dreamweaver sites locally, then put them back together into one Website when uploaded to the server.
I just did a quick test, and can confirm that as long as you use the same admin username and password for each of the solution packs, the login for one will keep you logged in when going to the others admin page.