close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Security Assist Errors on PowerCMS Pages

Thread began 9/14/2010 1:04 pm by johnlanglois | Last modified 9/17/2010 6:38 am by Jason Byrnes | 910 views | 3 replies |

johnlanglois

Security Assist Errors on PowerCMS Pages

There are several pages, such as admin/index.php or manage_users.php, where I see Dreamweaver8 flagging errors when I open the page.

The errors range from the record set having no connection to generating a Javascript error such as "While executing onLoad in WADA Repeat Selection.htm a Javascript error occured."

Why are these obvious errors in the code?

Is it the nature of the PowerCMS product that WA users who already own Security Asssist and many of your other products were not meant to make changes to the PowerCMS pages?

My goal in this is to avoid forcing the user to log in a second time, when they have already logged in elsewhere in the system.

Rather than remove the authentication code in index.php, what variables should I set so that the system processes an Admin or Super Admin user?

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem is caused by the solution packs being in a sub folder of your Dreamweaver site.

To edit the solution pack files using the Dreamweaver Extensions, the solution pack files must be at the root of the Dreamweaver site.

Dont confuse this as meaning the root of the Website. I am only referring to the site as it is defined in Dreamweaver.

the way that I manage this is to create a sub folder on my testing server for the main site, and a separate sub folder for each solution pack. I use mamp for my teting server, so the root of my site:
localhost

maps to:
/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/

under the htdocs folder, I create a create a folder for the main site:
/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mySite

in the site definition, for the Testing server i use the address:
mySite

for the Remote Site settings, I set the ftp information and set the upload folder to the /htdocs which is my remote website root.

I then create a seperate folder for power store:
/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/PowerStore

I create a separate Dreamweaver site and point it to the power store folder.

for the testing server URL, i use:
PowerStore

for the Remote Site settings, I set the ftp information and set the upload folder to the /htdocs/PowerStore

this puts the power store files into the main site under the PowerStore

Basicly, the concept is to separate the main site and the solution packs into differant Dreamweaver sites locally, then put them back together into one Website when uploaded to the server.

I just did a quick test, and can confirm that as long as you use the same admin username and password for each of the solution packs, the login for one will keep you logged in when going to the others admin page.

johnlanglois

Why doesn't the WA_Globals files fix this

I thought the whole point of having the WA_Globals file was that it would free up the code from being hard wired into a particular location.

Thanks for the Dreamweaver tips. It seems, though, that I will not be able to edit pages built with the PowerCMS code directly, which is sort of the whole point of using Dreamweaver.

I want to test the code before I put it out on the live site.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Gl0bals file effects how the site runs on the server, it has no bearing on the site in Dreamweaver.

You can use Dreamweaver to edit the solution recipe files as long as the solution recipe files are at the root of the Dreamweaver Site.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...