Created buttons in EW4 Not Showing up: More info
Here are more details, maybe something will stand out in your mind.
1. I have a PayPal Business Account
2. Easily set up and installed the PayPal Add-In
3. I have attempted to create 3 or 4 Buy Now Buttons within EW4: I chose Buy Now, I chose to use the button image supplied, I input all my data from price, shipping, to confirmation and cancellation redirect pages.
4. The buttons not only did not show up after creating them, they also did not appear after closing and re-opening Expression Web 4.
5. To Insert the buttons, I looked in the Panels --> PayPal Buttons Panel and in the new WebAssist Menu. The PayPal Panel opens, but there's no sign of any buttons I created.
6. I tried creating another Buy Now as well as Add to Cart buttons, but no luck. Although, these buttons now exist inside my PayPal account under 'saved buttons'.
7. Likewise, the buttons I created in PayPal do not appear in the Paypal panel of EW4.
8. My OS is Vista HOme Premium.
9. I also have Kaspersky antivirus, which I am only mentioning because it interfered with EW4 until I removed 2 extensions from the EW4 installation folders. I could not open EW4 after installing, it would start to open, but then shutdown all of a sudden. According to Microsoft, this was due to Kaspersky antivirus, and in fact I found that to be true.
10. I also looked for the previous version of the EW Paypal commerce add-in (for EW1 and EW2) on my pc to uninstall it just in case that was the issue, but I did not find it.
11. I think I am going to uninstall the Paypal Add-In and start over by re-downloading and reinstalling.
12. The problem is not specific to any particular button, rather, the buttons in general just do not appear within EW4.
If you can think of anything, let me know. I might even remove Kaspersky to see if that's the problem. But first, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. Then move on to Kaspersky.
The only other web assist component I've used with EW4 is the user Registration, which really isn't an Add-In, but a php application. I did not have any difficulties with this, except for the fact that EW4 is not as supportive of php as is Dreamweaver!!
Thanks for your assistance, I appreciate it!