close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal Buttons Cannot be found after creating them

Thread began 7/07/2010 8:17 am by kelly.lucas.3335626 | Last modified 7/09/2010 10:30 am by Eric Mittman | 8717 views | 4 replies |

kelly.lucas.3335626

PayPal Buttons Cannot be found after creating them

I have created several paypal buttons in EW4 but they are no where to be found in the PayPal Panel. I found these buttons in my PayPal account under My Save Buttons, but I want them in Expression Web.

Any thoughts? How should I proceed?

Thanks
Kelly

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I have done some testing with this and it seems that whenever I create a button on my live PayPal account and it is in the My Saved Buttons area it will appear in the list of available buttons in the tool. I did notice that I had to close and re-open ExWeb to get the list to update, but after this the button was available and I was able to add it into my page.

Can you see your other buttons that are in the My Saved Buttons area? Is the problem only for a specific button? Please post back with some more detail about this and include the steps you are taking to create the button on PayPal that is not showing in the list.

kelly.lucas.3335626

Created buttons in EW4 Not Showing up: More info

Here are more details, maybe something will stand out in your mind.

1. I have a PayPal Business Account
2. Easily set up and installed the PayPal Add-In
3. I have attempted to create 3 or 4 Buy Now Buttons within EW4: I chose Buy Now, I chose to use the button image supplied, I input all my data from price, shipping, to confirmation and cancellation redirect pages.

4. The buttons not only did not show up after creating them, they also did not appear after closing and re-opening Expression Web 4.

5. To Insert the buttons, I looked in the Panels --> PayPal Buttons Panel and in the new WebAssist Menu. The PayPal Panel opens, but there's no sign of any buttons I created.

6. I tried creating another Buy Now as well as Add to Cart buttons, but no luck. Although, these buttons now exist inside my PayPal account under 'saved buttons'.

7. Likewise, the buttons I created in PayPal do not appear in the Paypal panel of EW4.

8. My OS is Vista HOme Premium.

9. I also have Kaspersky antivirus, which I am only mentioning because it interfered with EW4 until I removed 2 extensions from the EW4 installation folders. I could not open EW4 after installing, it would start to open, but then shutdown all of a sudden. According to Microsoft, this was due to Kaspersky antivirus, and in fact I found that to be true.

10. I also looked for the previous version of the EW Paypal commerce add-in (for EW1 and EW2) on my pc to uninstall it just in case that was the issue, but I did not find it.

11. I think I am going to uninstall the Paypal Add-In and start over by re-downloading and reinstalling.

12. The problem is not specific to any particular button, rather, the buttons in general just do not appear within EW4.

If you can think of anything, let me know. I might even remove Kaspersky to see if that's the problem. But first, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. Then move on to Kaspersky.

The only other web assist component I've used with EW4 is the user Registration, which really isn't an Add-In, but a php application. I did not have any difficulties with this, except for the fact that EW4 is not as supportive of php as is Dreamweaver!!

Thanks for your assistance, I appreciate it!

Kelly

kelly.lucas.3335626

PayPal Buttons in Dreamweaver CS3

I just tried to create paypal buttons in Dreamweaver CS3 and attached is a screenshot of the error message I received.

Appears to be a javascript error of some sort. What are your thoughts here???

Thanks
kelly

ps...by the way, I did download the DW PayPal Add-in and used that when I tested PayPal Buttons in DW.

Eric Mittman

When you create the button and click on the finish button it should save it to your PayPal account specified by the API credentials that you enter. After clicking finish the button was available in the select list for Buy Now buttons. I was then able to select this button and click on the 'add to page' link underneath it. After clicking finish can you see your new item in the add to cart buttons list? Do any errors occur when you click on the finish button?

As for the error you are getting with the DW extension you may be experiencing a problem with a corrupt cache file, here is a link with steps you can take for this:

common_installation_issues.pdf

If you have any further trouble with the DW extension let us know and also post back with any more details about your ExWeb experience.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...