close ad
Help us test the new Databridge BETA with MySQLi support
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

WebAssist Solutions - EULA Update

Thread began 3/18/2010 4:18 pm by neilo | Last modified 4/21/2010 3:09 pm by neilo | 5366 views | 88 replies

balexander389215

I have followed this thread with much interest but haven't weighted in on it, till now. I thought it was time to add my three cents. Like the others users here I am somewhat dismayed at the change of licensing with the solution packs and will not be upgrading to or using the new Power CMS 2. I am not willing to give up the developers license. I currently have the Super Suite and the Solution Suite so I guess I pretty much have it all. I mostly use dreamweaver extensions but liked the idea of Power CMS (which I've used a few times) and PowerStore (which turned out not to be as functional as I had hoped) so got them all as a package just in case I should ever need them. Changes to the policy threaten to make my investment worthless.

On the other hand Power CMS was built out of the WA extensions, or so it is said somewhere in the information sheets. That means I should be able to build this myself with the products I own. And with the developers license to Power CMS and the SS extensions I can also modify the product to suit my needs. This means that I can spend the time to add the functionality to Power CMS 1 to give it the features of Power CMS 2 that I would like to have, mainly a super admin and admin logon. Is that not correct? So if I get a copy of Power CMS 2 to shortcut the learning process and learn the coding for the features I want, as long as I just add this to Power CMS 1 then I should still be within the license agreement. Is this true? Of course the presupposition here is that I can do this without totally messing up the product but it may be worth a day of my life (and it might even be fun) to breath some new life Power CMS without losing the license and forcing me to search out an open source version as a replacement.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...